Principal Design Engineer - Structures
Our Fareham Structures Design Team has an exciting and challenging opportunity for an experienced Principal Design Engineer to lead on and provide engineering design and project management services for our buildings sector clients.
- Prepare designs, undertake condition inspections, technical reports, presentations and contract documents
- To assist in leading the design team to successfully, safely and efficiently deliver projects to the client's expectations.
- Work with the Associate Director, Project Directors and UK Building Sector in engaging with current and new clients, attending regular meetings to determine current and future requirements.
- Actively promote and maintain Opus's professional profile, whilst developing focussed relationships with the team and our clients.
Key benefits of the role include:
- Working in a modern and positive environment with like-minded professionals for a company with a proven track record both in this region, nationally and globally
- Using the latest technology for design
- Competitive salary and benefits package
To apply for the role you will need:
- Professional degree in Structural or Civil Engineering
- Chartered Engineer status, IStructE or ICE
- Extensive design experience
- Ability to work without supervision; effective team management and strong organisational skills
This role is a fantastic opportunity for a chartered/senior design engineer looking to take on their next challenge and you couldn't be looking to join us at a better time, Opus is going from strength to strength in the UK and globally.
At Opus we attract and retain talented people through competitive remuneration and rewarding performance. We offer a flexible benefits program via Opus - Flex that allows you to structure your remuneration package to suit your lifestyle. Further details on the benefits we offer can be found on the attachment at the foot of this page.
If you are keen to develop a long term career with a growing global organisation, please apply below or for more information on the career opportunities with Opus please visit the careers section of our website:
Opus is committed to a workplace that embraces equal employment opportunity & diversity. We are dedicated to creating and sustaining a professional and respectful work environment which supports mutual trust and assists each individual to reach their full potential - we therefore welcome applications from those who want part-time hours or job share opportunities.