Infrastructure Architect - Networking
Computacenter is Europe's leading independent provider of IT infrastructure services and solutions. In our Consultancy Practice division, we set clear expectations, take a straightforward and pragmatic approach, and are honest with our customers throughout. If you're an Infrastructure Architect - Networking (SDN/Wireless) who delivers solutions rather than talks about them, we're ready to welcome you to the team.
As a FTSE 250 PLC, we are rooted in core European countries, Computacenter combines global reach with local expertise. We operate Infrastructure Operations Centres and Group Service Desks across Europe, South Africa and Asia from which our employees provide user support in 18 languages. Customers with global requirements are served through an extensive international partner network, which mirrors the requirements of our European-headquartered client base.
The Consultancy Practice, comprises of around 230 experienced consultants. Their expertise covers a wide range of technology areas and advisory services that supports the delivery of Computacenter's propositions. The consultants are industry recognised as experts in their field, having attained some of the highest vendor qualifications. The consultants are organised into ten focussed teams, covering Networking & Security, Unified Communications & Collaboration, Physical Workplace, Virtual Workplace, Directory, Messaging & Mobility, Enterprise Platforms, Data Optimisation, Cloud, Virtualisation & Automation, Integrated Systems & Implementation and Solutions Architecture. Each team has a Technology Leader and a Resource Manager who lead and manage the consultants.
The Consultancy Practice Mission is: To be recognised by our customers, partners and peers as the market leader for IT infrastructure consultancy services in terms of capability, results and the professional development of our people.
Infrastructure Architect - Networking
Competitive Salary + fully flexible benefits scheme + car
Flexible base location: Can be based from Reading, London, Hatfield, Milton Keynes, Nottingham, Birmingham, and Manchester
What will you be doing?
- Analysing and understanding the customer's requirements and expectations and selecting appropriate technologies to design an innovative winning technical solution
- Identifying new potential business opportunities within the customer's organisation.
- Working in industry or commerce in a multinational environment, ideally within a quoted IT service / outsourced service provider
- Maintaining a focus on achieving positive business outcomes in line with the customer requirements.
- Ensuring that each Solution is both financially and practically viable.
- Able to anticipate and manage commercial risks and provide mitigation for any risks
- Quality control and assurance
- Appraising and quality assuring the work produced by others
- Taking full responsibility Technical, Service and Commercial aspects of a Solution assuring suitability and effectiveness in achieving the desire outcome.
What do we need from you?
Focus and drive
- A proven successful track record in winning outsourcing business opportunities in the infrastructure field e.g. high bid winning ratio relating to comparable business outsourcing wins (Circa. £10 - £50 Million Total Contract Value)
- Professional and dynamic approach, demonstrates a clear passion for delivering Secure IT services and solutions
- A team player capable of leading teams and driving new services forward
- Capable of motivating team members to achieve successful outcomes
- Listens to stakeholders, internal and external and actions information appropriately
- Maintains an Entrepreneurial attitude, able to manage multiple deals simultaneously and can recognise and adapt to business changes.
- Fluent English language written and verbal. Capable of interacting with stakeholders at all levels.
- Able to gain respect, trust and confidence of senior management, partners and clients in all situations.
- Capable of articulating the precise nature of any given situation appropriately to the target audience whether technical or non-technical.
- Experience in leading presentations to senior management level both internally and within the client arena. Ideally as part of the bid process.
Technical Skills & Knowledge
- Software Defined Networking (SDN)
- Ideally Wireless and have Cisco Meraki / HP Aruba and Meraki Wireless
- Understanding of Cisco ACI
- VMWare NSX
- Typically educated to a degree level, hold industry level qualifications or equivalent work experience.
- Must be able to undertake and gain Security Clearance to SC level/ have current Security Clearance level
- Willing to travel as necessary in line with business needs
- Experience of working for an organisation in the IT services or consultancy arena
- Customer relationship development and influencing skills
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77710770