Software Developer £30k - £35k Gaming Tech Central London
Key responsibilities of the role;
As a Software Developer, you will be become part of a diverse, highly technical development team, where everyone's input is valued. Our main focus is on solving complex, data-heavy problems in the most efficient way possible. The office of over 100 Software Developers & Testers operate within a highly collaborative environment and we like to play each person to their strengths, ensuring they are always working within a team that will not only challenge them but ultimately prove fulfilling.
Technically, we're Open Source advocates, always ensuring that we keep our tech stack as cutting edge as possible. Your role as a Software Developer will be to create and maintain applications within our micro service architecture using a mix of Python, Docker, Kubernetes, Oracle SQL, MongoDB and RabbitMQ. Experience in these specific technologies is highly desirable and it is essential to have experience in Linux environments, Databases and a confidence in general programming paradigms.
Day-to-day activities will include;
- Development of our Lottery product and applications.
- Implementing new features and maintaining production code.
- Designing innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Contributing meaningful peer code reviews.
- Implementing unit tests.
- Working in a Scrum team following an agile development process.
The ideal candidate's personality and qualifications;
- 2+ years' professional experience using any modern programming language (preferably Python, C/C++, C#).
- Experience within a highly technical environment, solving complex problems.
- Linux / Unix experience.
- Solid experience with relational databases.
- An interest in Python and Open Source technologies.
- Experience of using Micro Services, RESTful APIs, message brokers (e.g. RabbitMQ) and NoSQL
- Experience implementing high-availability systems using Amazon Web Services.
- Experience of developing applications using non-blocking IO (event loops).
- Experience of Python, Tornado.
- Experience of Docker, Kubernetes.
- Previous commercial experience in Gambling or Sports Betting sector.
- An outside interest in programming reflected by a blog / portfolio, GitHub, Bit Bucket profile or personal website.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77706795