Financial Services Risk & Regulation (FSRR) Senior Business Manager
About the Role
We're looking for an experienced, Senior Manager to join the Market & Industry Driver (MID) team in the Sales & Marketing team (SMT) to support FSRR.
You will have excellent influencing and powerful communication skills in order to be credible and to be able to challenge the FSRR leadership team and senior management, including Partners and Directors active in the market. A vital part of the role is a thorough understanding of the strategic business drivers for PwC, the Financial Services sector (in particular FSRR) and our clients.
You will be creative and innovative and be able to effectively communicate key business messages to a diverse audience. Excellent project management skills are required as is a proven track record in opportunity management and sales effectiveness.
The role will have two reporting lines 1) to report to the SMT leadership team via the leader for FS SMT and be part of the Market & Industry Driver capability, and 2) to report to the FSRR Clients and Propositions Leader in the day to day delivery of role.
SMT is a centralised support function and covers all aspects of professional services marketing, sales support and business development. The prime area of focus for the function is to support the development and implementation of the firm’s market strategy and in particular to deliver:
- Revenue growth
- Enhanced relationships and networks
- A distinctive brand experience
Our firm's strategy is designed to provide a sharper focus on market issues in order to prioritise growth opportunities and align our resources to deliver them. Our plan is to obtain transformational growth of our consulting market share and to extend our lead in our core businesses of audit, tax and deals.
FSRR is one of the UK’s top firm-wide growth priorities. The role would be to drive FSRR UK sales and marketing activity to meet our revenue target. The role operates across all of our services and would report directly to Karyn Daud.
In this role, you will work with key stakeholders to support go to market strategy and business priorities, build brand profile, develop networks, relationships, define propositions, and drive engagement with key buyer groups and accounts.
Responsibilities of the role include:
Drive and develop FSRR propositions and opportunities in FS priority accounts
- Establish and implement a marketing and business development strategy to manage a portfolio of FSRR accounts, working with Lead Relationship Partners (LRP) and their account teams.
- Drive pipeline and lead the pursuit process for major opportunities, including contribution to pipeline where appropriate.
- Monitor bids through the bid cycle to provide appropriate
- Work with the FSRR Operations Lead to plan, implement and manage MI, processes and tools to improve the sales performance for FSRR teams.
- Is seen as the leader in driving the FSRR portfolio forward on a consistent basis, across the client accounts and capability groups.
- Lead client feedback programme for the portfolio and ensure the messages and learnings from client feedback are shared and acted upon to help increase opportunity conversion and client satisfaction.
Strategic and network development
- To be the strategic advisor to the FSRR Leadership Team on growth plans, market opportunities, client issues and channels to market.
- Work with sales and marketing teams to ensure that the firm’s insight, thought leadership and marketing campaigns are properly targeted, driven and deliver return on investment.
- Support in the line management, where applicable of the Sales & Marketing Team (SMT) industry aligned resource in FSRR.
- Alongwith capability leads and client practitioners, build external relationships with key industry bodies and opinion formers creating an external footprint.
- Attend client, prospect and/or intermediary events, and ensure effective follow up on these events.
- From a UK perspective, work with Global and EMEA teams to collaborate and align sales and marketing activity to be most effective.
Develop and drive key propositions and services for FSRR
- Support FSRR Clients & Propositions and capability leads in the development of targeted propositions and pursuits to ensure learnings from activities, client feedback, competitors and cross firm initiatives feed into propositions.
- Support proposition development and helping shape messages to UK market around the FSRR programme.
- Be accountable and able to demonstrate the relationship management, revenue conversion, return on investment (ROI), commercial accounting principles and speed to market activities that you have undertaken.
Engage the internal FSRR community
- Working with the FSRR Operations Lead develop comms to the FSRR community to develop a connected team, sharing information, developing content, identifying issues and best practice.
- Contribute ideas and insights to FS community within PwC.
- Working with the FSRR Operations Lead, contribute relevant sales and marketing content to internal communication.
- Experience in FS - to be confident with regulation content, with ability to quickly understand risk and regulatory topics.
- Strong people management and development skills with experience of managing teams
- Proven track record in business development, sales and client relationship management (ideally within a professional services environment).
- Expert understanding of targeting and opportunity management with the ability to implement both strategic and tactical initiatives.
- Strong experience developing client propositions and excellent project management skills.
- Client focused with strong relationship skills.
- A strong marketing background specifically of running xlos campaigns.
- Proactive with a positive can do approach.
- Team player; able to actively contribute and participate as a member of the Market & Industry Driver function.
- The ability to form networks with partners and staff at all levels and influence effectively.
- A sound business understanding as well as being commercially and risk aware.
- Client facing business development experience, with a proven track record of relationship management and revenue conversion.
- Excellent influencing and powerful communication skills.
- The ability to organise, run, and decision making forums with gravitas
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Strong project management skills particularly across proposition development, training, resourcing, sales and pursuits.
- A dynamic, self-starter who seeks to innovate and can work effectively as part of a virtual team.
- The ability to build relationships and communicate with a wide range of people at a senior level.
- Tenacity and robustness, when working across different teams and facing business challenges and an ability to challenge stakeholders.
Internal firm services
In order to deliver a first-class service to our clients, we need first-class support internally. Internal firm services is a network of specialist support professionals and includes marketing, recruitment, human capital, finance, technology, learning and development, procurement, to name but a few. Each team plays a vital role in making sure we have all the right resources, services and technology across our business.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.