Senior Buyer- Womenswear- Jersey
Fancy a change in scenery? This Senior Buyer role is based in the beautiful Wales. You will be responsible for developing, sourcing and delivering a commercially fashion focused range, whilst driving profit and enhancing the brand position. In addition, the Senior role will provide a bridge between the Buyer and the Head of Buying. You must have a strong back ground in womens wear for this role.
DutiesTo support the Head of Buying in the development and delivery of a divisional Buying strategy;
- Responsibility for identifying and setting a standard of excellence and best practice for buyers to strive for;
- Drives regular departmental product reviews, ensuring coordination across departments in terms of themes, looks and colour palettes;
- Plans and builds a commercial, product driven range whilst achieving margin targets as set by company;
- Operates an effective and timely product sign off process, in line with the critical path and planning cycle;
- Responsibility for ensuring that the product reflects the brand strategy and that the range development is without gaps or duplication;
- Ensures that the brand standards in both quality and value are maintained, and that the range is benchmarked against high street competitors in terms of fashionability and pricing;
- Responsibility for developing and maintaining an in-depth, customer focused knowledge of varying markets and trends;
- Establishes key relationship with Design and QA, in order to actively develop brand ‘handwriting’ and communicate key product direction and trends;
- Ensures that the correct level of newness/fashionability is present, and that volume lines are maximised and ‘moved on’ at the appropriate time.
- Works with Head of Buying to analyse supply base, in order to identify risks and opportunities and to develop solutions and/or make recommendation as appropriate;
- Takes responsibility for building and maintaining strong supplier relationships, in order to drive out consistent processes and to strive for best practice partnerships;
- Actively source’s new suppliers, in order to strengthen supply base and meet changing departmental requirements;