Head of Year4 – Primary (KS2) – Fixed Term to Cover Maternity Leave
Head of Year4 – Primary (KS2) – Fixed term to cover Maternity Leave
Ark Chamberlain is a leading academy in Birmingham. It supports and nurtures all pupils to achieve their true potential and prepares them exceptionally well for the next stage of their education.
Are you a fantastic teacher, passionate about giving the children in your care the best possible education?
Are you committed to continuing to develop your practice to become the best possible teacher you can be?
Would you like five extra training days a year with tailored CPD opportunities?
We are currently recruiting for an enthusiastic Head of Year to join our academy for a fixed term to cover Maternity Leave. This is an exciting but challenging opportunity to play a pivotal role in a committed staff team and make a real impact on the outcomes of our pupils.
Ark Chamberlain is a five form entry primary academy in Small Heath where staff morale is high and there is a positive atmosphere in the school as we continue our journey back to Outstanding.
This is not just another job, this is a chance to be part of our inspiring team.
As a Head of Year you will provide strong leadership for a team of teachers and teaching assistants under the guidance of the Deputy Head.
We can offer:
- exceptional children who are enthusiastic, hard-working and enjoy coming to school every day
- a wide range of professional development opportunities including personalised coaching and mentoring, opportunities to see and share best practice and CPD sessions across the Ark network
- a staff team who truly support and care for each other
- unique resources in a primary setting including a fully equipped science lab, an extensive library, gym, music room, radio station and much more.
- opportunities to visit and teach in schools in Africa and Asia as part of the Ark Global Teaching Fellowship
- access to health packages, discounts at major retailers, travel loans and other benefits, through the Ark Rewards scheme.
Our ideal candidate will:
- be an individual who is passionate with high expectations of themselves and the pupils they teach
- a teacher who is, consistently good or better
- direct and support your year group; holding them to account to ensure high standards of teaching and learning
- lead by example, developing a supportive, pro-active and reflective year group team
- be a teacher that will inspire, challenge and motivate children to achieve.
Visits are warmly encouraged – we’d love to you to meet our pupils, chat to our staff and experience life at our school for yourself. To arrange a visit, please contact Nita Bateman on 0121 675 0439.
Please apply via the button below. The closing date for applications is 6th December 2017 11am. Interviews are planned to take place on week beginning 11th December 2017.
Start date: 26th February 2018 (or earlier)
Salary: Ark MPS (£23,490 - £34,670)/UPS (£36,826 - £41,366) per annum, with TLR (£4,442)
Location: Small Heath, Birmingham
We value diversity and are committed to safeguarding and promoting child welfare. The successful candidate will be subject to DBS and any other relevant employment checks.