Permanent – Full-time
We are Chester Zoo, and for over 80 years we’ve been a leading conservation and education charity, and an amazing, award-winning visitor attraction.
With 15,000 animals in 125 acres of award-winning zoological gardens and nearly 2 million people who come to visit every year, we work hard because we love animals, we care about nature, we love Chester Zoo and we want to be the best zoo in the world!
Due to continued expansion and ambitious IT developments in support of the Zoo’s Strategic Development Plan over the next 15 years, we have created an exciting new role for an IT Manager to play a key role in the Zoo’s continued IT evolution.
If you think you can help us to achieve that, then we’d love to hear from you.
Reporting to the Head of IT, in an IT department of 13 people, you will be:
- Responsible for formulating and delivering a stable, modern, scalable and future-proof IT Infrastructure and Support strategy.
- Responsible for ensuring all systems and processes are robust, resilient, secure and compliant according to the relevant legislation, governance, and best practice standards.
- Accountable for the IT Support Team.
- Lead and develop the Society’s IT Infrastructure and Support Team - developing people, technology and processes in support of the IT maturity model supporting 400+ users in a complex mix of traditional IT infrastructure and site-wide network-connected devices.
- Develop the IT Infrastructure and Support strategy in line with modern best practice, and ensuring strategic planning through anticipation of future needs - providing a clear vision and focus for On-premise services, Cloud, Mobile, and Data technologies.
- Plan and deliver Infosec and Cybersecurity assurance and compliance across people, technology, policies and procedures (PCI, GDPR, pen testing, ISO27001, Cyber Essentials, ITSF, and any future requirements).
- Project Management of key IT strategic infrastructure innovations; liaising with IT teams, suppliers, and others throughout the organisation; and responsible for capacity planning, provisioning, performance, documentation, security and availability of IT infrastructure.
- Managing supplier relationships, contracts, budgets, and SLAs; ensuring the best use of the Society’s resources across hardware, software licensing, and maintenance contracts.
- Responsible for formulation, upkeep and testing of the Society’s IT Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity processes and documentation.
- Accountable for the IT Support function across front and back-end, supporting and mentoring the IT Support Team Manager
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience defining and delivering IT Infrastructure & Support strategy
- Comprehensive understanding of the latest IT infrastructure best practices, cloud solutions, and (primarily) Microsoft-based server software
- Specific experience/responsibility for delivering InfoSec and compliance projects
- Broad experience across a wide range of technologies, techniques and processes; able to adapt and advise on the most appropriate ones
- Significant experience leading and developing an IT team of similar structure
- An IT degree or a similar qualification, or have equivalent experience in the IT industry
- IT Project Management experience across the range of services
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills - dynamic, clear and flexible thinker
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, accustomed to dealing with IT staff, suppliers/partners, and all levels of staff within the organisation
In addition, it may be beneficial to have:
- Qualifications, certifications and/or in-depth experience in the following areas:
- Microsoft server admin – Windows, SQL, Exchange, Sharepoint
- Security & Compliance – CISSP/CISM, CyberEssentials, ISO27001/IASME, PCI
- Cloud experience – Azure, Office 365, Sharepoint 365, OneDrive etc
- IT Service Management – ITIL, ITSM, etc
- Project management – Prince2, PMP, MSP, etc
- Business Continuity/DR policy formulation and testing
- Virtualised environments (and in particular Hyper-V)
- IP networks and telephony administration & monitoring LAN, WAN, SAN, firewalls
- Any visitor attraction systems experience including event management, ticketing, retail and catering POS systems, CRM/marketing, financial management systems eg NAV.
Hours of work are 40 hours per week, worked Monday-Friday, with occasional evening / weekend work as required for such a role.
The salary for this role is £43,344.21 per annum (this includes our 2018 pay award which is effective from 1st January 2018) and in addition we offer a range of amazing benefits which can be found on the Chester Zoo careers page.
To apply for this position, please click the ‘apply’ button on this page where you’ll be redirected to the vacancy on the Chester Zoo website. You will then be required to provide your current CV and complete the application form highlighting your skills and experience including why you believe you should be considered for this IT Manager role.
Closing date for applications isSunday3rdDecember 2017.
Initial interviews will be conducted the following week.
This IT Manager vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Chester Zoo. Please note that JVP is an advertising company NOT a recruitment agency, therefore all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Chester Zoo, and should they wish to progress your application further, they will be in contact with you.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77700260