My client is looking for a footwear Technologist to manage and improve fit and quality. The role gives you the opportunity to have a direct impact for one of the fastest growing international retailers.
- Working alongside a busy design team to create and develop unique collections from design concept through to delivery
- Effectively managing development, confirming sampling and reviewing incoming samples, monitoring quality, packaging and ensuring ethical and safety standards are met.
- Analyse response from wearer trials and ensure relevant testing is carried out, recording results.
- Update and maintain technical manuals as well as requesting and managing test reports
- Attend/monitor customer fit sessions, making amendments as required.
- Create technical specs
- Advise on construction, fit, development and materials
- Conducting QC inspections and raising issues with the factories as well as monitoring RTMs and AQL performance.
- Visit suppliers and external packing warehouses to monitor production and ensure product is true to sample.
- Must be from a technical background and have experience of working within footwear, ideally with a supplier.
- Proven knowledge of working with the fast paced trend led high street and volume retailers is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills are required as you will be liaising with overseas factories and customers on a daily basis.
- Must have working knowledge of dealing with offshore factories ideally Far East, China.
- You must be self-motivated, have excellent time management and the ability to manage your own workload and able to work to client deadlines.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team, as the role requires
- Able to meet new challenges with a positive attitude
- Strong time-management skills; able to prioritise tasks & change direction with agility
Please apply with your updated CV to
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/77698580