Nigel Wright is working with a rapidly expanding FMCG manufacturer. They are recruiting a shift Maintenance Engineer to support their plant in the North East.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, responsibilities include:
- Carry out work assignments issued by Lead engineer and maximize effectiveness of the shift at all times by ensuring efficient completion of tasks.
- Demonstrate a team approach with regard to maintenance and hygiene of equipment and support (teams of) operators.
- Provide support to the team during breaks and absences and work together to ensure completion of their duties.
- Follow all work instructions, procedures, job descriptions at all times.
- Ensure that all Work Orders, PM's issued to the shift are completed.
- Work with other functions as part of the manufacturing team to ensure efficient running of the equipment and carry out prioritized work as agreed.
- Carry out the assigned activities to meet operational targets; working with other functions to ensure mutual objectives are met.
- Resolve mechanical and/or electrical problems in a timely fashion.
- Order spare parts as required on shift if unavailable from stock and contact contractors/suppliers as required in order to resolve problems on shift.
- Provide the Lead Engineer with information on all engineering downtime attended on shift,, related quality issue, work orders completed, PM's completed and other details as required.
- Identify and analyse problems before crises and determine appropriate action and follow-up.
- Ensure remedial works to equipment raised by work order or PM's are highlighted to the Lead engineer.
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous experience in the manufacture of an FMCG product.
- Electrical and/or mechanical qualifications/time served apprenticeship.
- 2 Years' experience of working in an automated production environment.
- Data and analytical skills.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a proactive and experienced Engineering team in a highly successful business.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77692124