Senior Systems Engineer
A very exciting opportunity has become available for a market leading company in the South Wales area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Senior Systems Engineer (SE) participates in all aspects of product life cycle including product inception and design, transition to production, production and customer use of our products ensuring best design, manufacturing, test, and serviceability practices are carried out. The SE plays a key role in our product development process managing the transition from development to manufacturing. The SE provides leadership on problem resolution and continuous improvement of analogue electronics, signal processing, sensor, optics and electro-mechanical mechanisms and their control
- As a system engineer, participates in product inception and design, representing manufacturability, test ability, and reliability and serviceability aspects of our product.
- Provides critical knowledge in the areas of optics and detectors for applications in IR, FT-IR and UV/Vis spectroscopy.
- Serving as project manager, manages the phase of product development that transitions products from development to manufacturing
- Designs and develops tooling, testing, training, etc. appropriate to the product and technologies being produced.
- Follows product from inception through product launch from a manufacturing perspective, interacting with early users, understanding issues and needs, and advocating and driving appropriate responses across the organization.
- Investigates and debugs complex technical problems and drives engineering solutions to improve or correct product or process issues.
- Interacts with vendors and purchasing to resolve current and future product materials and parts, and evaluates potential vendors for capability, processes and quality standards.
Qualifications / Experience
- Minimal of bachelor's degree (B.Sc.) in Physics or Engineering (Electronic, Mechanical, Optical (Masters/PhD desirable)
- 10 to 15 years of related knowledge and experience in the development and commercialisation of spectroscopic instrumentation (FTIR, UV/Vis, Thermal analysis).
- System thinker, with demonstrated ability to comprehend how an instrument works as a system.
- Ability to support complex systems incorporating analogue/digital electronics, signal processing, photo sensors, optics and electro-mechanical mechanisms and their control
- Multi-functional team player, with demonstrated ability to drive actions across an organisation (local and global)
- Positive attitude, high energy, leadership, project management and troubleshooting skills
- Communication (written and oral) skills
- Commitment to continuous improvement principles
- · Small team technical leadership experience
- · Knowledge of optical design including IR optics
- · Familiarity with product design methodologies such as a life cycle model or stage-gate process
- Knowledge of ISO and FDA regulated environments
If you would like more information then please call us today on 01495421926 or 07572622898
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77693337