Engineering Projects Manager
Engineering Projects Manager, Saltburn, Cleveland, Initially 6 months
Reporting directly to the Head of Central Engineering, the post holder will be responsible for multiple projects ranging from between $5-10 M. This key position will oversee multi-disciplined engineering and managerial personnel, including both internal resources and external contractors across the full project life cycle.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- To ensure the safe execution of engineering and construction projects.
- Manage the process of technical specification development ensuring end user business needs are considered.
- To provide specialist expertise in project management and execution.
- To advise and assist in the procurement and maintenance of equipment required for the implementation of each project.
- To liaise with external contacts concerning supply of new equipment or problems with existing plant.
- Coordination of all aspects of concept, technology selection, pre-feasibility/feasibility studies (including cost estimates to class 5), design, construction and commissioning stages.
- Optimization of technical design and production process details within financial limitations.
- Monitoring of major technical milestones and risk implications to cost, quality and time to completion.
- Review of and sign-off on technical changes, modifications during construction and commissioning phases.
- Definition of technical specifications for contractors.
- Technical 'quality gate' reviews and compliance with safety and environmental standards.
- Standardization and modularization of engineering and construction aspects.
- Excellent understanding of project-related health and safety, including but not limited to: safe systems of work, equipment isolation, craneage and lifting operations, risk assessment/method statements, HAZOP, FMEA and general risk management, COSHH, contractor management and associated documentation.
- Experience of cost optimisation/value engineering methodologies.
- High interpersonal, communication and influencing skills.
- Experience in project management protocols/standards and CDM Regulations.
- Have a demonstrable track record of delivering capital engineering projects in a heavy manufacturing/process environment, including structural steelwork, minerals processing and bulk materials handling systems.
- Proven ability to lead cross functional project teams, with a general understanding of all engineering disciplines, including, mechanical, civil, chemical, electrical and instrumentation.
Salary: £Competitive + Benefits
To Apply: Please press the 'Apply' button
*Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted.? If you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.? Thank you for reading this advertisement.
The role would be suitable for candidates interested in: Capital Projects Engineering Manager Chief Engineer Maintenance Engineer, Multi Skilled Engineer Plant Technician Electrical Mechanical Cleveland, North Yorkshire, Guisborough, Redcar, Manufacturing, Manufacturer
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77678211