Coach Escort x8
Your new company
Haringey lies between inner and outer London, is one of London's 33 boroughs and located in the north of the capital. It covers more than 11 square miles and is home to a population of about 250,000. We are an exceptionally economically diverse and fast-changing borough with over 35% of people coming from ethnic minority backgrounds and an amazing 190 different languages are spoken in our classrooms. But working here isn't just about the sense of fulfilment you'll get from your work - Haringey the place has a huge amount to offer. Not only do our fantastic transport connections mean we are just minutes away from central London, there is so much to do in the borough itself. Haringey buzzes with entertainment, attitude, artistic and cultural life - through its pubs, clubs, cinemas, theatres, arts centres, community groups and even festivals.
Your new role
Requires 8 Coach Escorts to work as part of the passenger transport team working within children's services with vulnerable children, supporting on transport to and from school.
- To be responsible for escorting children, young people and adults with special educational needs to and from home and school/center and other destination on vehicle provided by the Passenger Transport Services.
- To ensure the safety and well being of passengers with special needs during their journey from home to school/colleges/centers at the beginning of the day and return at the end of the day provided by Passenger Transport Services.
- Understanding, knowledge and ability to follow guidelines that ensures compliance with Health and Safety at Work, Data Protection and other statutory requirements.
- Understanding and commitment to promoting and implementing the Council's Equal Opportunities policies.
- To undertake any other temporary responsibilities aligned with the overall purpose and grade of the role.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience in dealing with children with special needs.
- Demonstrates an understanding of personal responsibilities, in the areas of risk management and health, safety and welfare, both in terms of self and others.
- Displays assertiveness without aggressiveness and is sensitive to the families of pupils with special education needs.
- Understanding of the issues relating to the safe transportation of children with special education needs.
- Self motivated Work under minimal supervision Knowledge and understanding of current transport legislation
- Basic First Aid Knowledge of Health and safety issue
- Reliability, patient and flexible attitude
What you'll get in return
You will have the opportunity to progress your career within Haringey Council, company laptop and mobile phone, generous annual leave, flexible working, flexible retirement, interest free travel loan (season ticket and bicycle loan), defined benefit pension scheme (career average), learning and development courses at work, courses and workshops to offer support and help through change, long Service Award and many more.
What you need to do now
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77694586