At CDL we are currently looking for a Product Owner to come and join our team based in Stockport. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a competitive salary.
CDL has established its position as a market leader in the highly competitive retail insurance sector by consistently creating powerful software solutions that deliver competitive and innovative advantage to our customers. We've custom-built our own modern, open offices set in our own landscaped campus in Stockport, employing over 600 staff, providing for over 100 internet brands (Asda, Tesco, Money Supermarket, Swinton, AA, and Sainsbury’s) to name a few.
There's also a subsidised restaurant and a games room. We've built a collaborative and creative culture where we employ agile techniques to deliver our pace-setting applications. We like to work in small, focused groups so you're always learning from people around.
About the Product Owner role
As a Product Owner, you will be a passionate ambassador for CDL products; and possess a profound understanding of our customer & end user’s needs. It is fast pace here, our software delivery team works hard, releasing software every 6 weeks, in which we have three iterations. You will inspire and support the software delivery team in their quest to delight customers through high deliverables.
What you'll do
Using your expertise and vision, you will create and communicate a compelling vision and strategy that helps deliver on the vision, enabling delivery teams to understand how their work enables the execution of the Product Strategy, whilst providing great customer experiences for our clients and product users. It does not stop here; you will take pride in your work owning the Product Backlog, prioritising user stories, stakeholder’s needs, ensuring visibility, thoroughly forecasting product roadmap and release projections.
We are passionate about keeping up with the industry, attending meetups, conferences, always finding ways to improve whilst generating new ideas and features to stakeholders. You will play a key part in driving the product following the Scrum Framework.
An ideal opportunity for a Product Owner, who loves everything product related, and gains satisfaction from receiving client feedback, taking pride in their work and achievement.
What we’re looking for in our Product Owner
- Recent record of accomplishment in rapid delivery of ideas and innovations to market in an Agile / Lean Start-up environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit and excellent knowledge and experience in stakeholder involvement, customer engagement, servant leadership, situational awareness
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for effective product backlog management and product planning in an agile environment.
- Experience of working in an agile environment with an understanding of the Scrum framework
- Appreciation of self-organisation and experience in getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work
- Track record of continued and recent education in Product Ownership, Scrum, through training, conferences, user groups, self-study
- First level Scrum Product Owner certification (PSPO I, CSPO)
- Degree level education or equivalent experience
- Second or third level Product Owner certification (PSPO II, PSPO III)
- Experience being a Product Owner in a scaled Scrum environment
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile and Lean techniques: Impact mapping, Customer segmentation and Customer journey mapping, Story mapping, Business Model Canvas, Empathy mapping, Value proposition canvas, etc.
- Considerable experience of the Insurance Industry business practice and Insurance trends
What you can be offered as our Product Owner
- Work with the best in the business
- Flexible hours
- Shuttle bus to and from the train station
- Subsidised restaurant
- 25 days holiday to start with one extra day per year up to 30
- Social activities
- Dress down policy
- Tax free child care vouchers
- Life and health assurance
- Opportunities for career progression
Come and join us as our new Product Owner and click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77699257