WGSN - HRBP EMEA - London
Job Description: HRBP EMEA
Function: Human Resources
Location: London (with European Travel)
Reporting to: Global HR Director
The HRBP will position closely with the HRD EMEA and WGSN EMEA Leadership team (including Content, Marketing, Finance, Sales etc) to identify HR solutions to operational business needs, whilst helping to and execute the HR strategy in EMEA in conjunction with that of WGSN globally. The EMEA team comprises of approximately 150 employees, with a number of the global executive team being located in the UK office.
Reporting directly to and partnering the EMEA HR Director, the HRBP will support the leadership team for the EMEA region, including Country Managers based in 7 different locations, all with varying level of HR maturity. By developing strong internal client relationships with the HR team and senior EMEA leaders, this role will help drive the people agenda throughout the region.
- The Global HR team exists to support the implementation of the wider WGSN strategy through its people.
- Whilst an EMEA specific role, the HRBP will be expected to contribute to the wider HR team by providing insight into local markets whilst supporting the wider Ascential HR team as necessary.
- Working with both mature and emerging markets in WGSN, the role holder will be expected to provide practical and commercial advice to senior leadership on issues focusing on both operational and commercial topics.
- The role holder will work with a diverse amount of client groups and as such must be able to adapt to each to demonstrate awareness of department and/or market specific agendas.
Key Focus and Accountabilities
- The role holder will deliver the HR strategy for EMEA in conjunction with business priorities and future requirements
- Coaching and supporting key stakeholders and managers ensuring that they have sufficient knowledge to execute objectives.
- Providing, as subject matter expert, guidance and advice on ER issues and regular updates to the team.
- Leading on recruitment and selection in conjunction with the International Recruitment Manager to include, where appropriate, sourcing of candidates, interviewing and management of offer process and contracts.
- Supporting the delivery of organisational change initiatives e.g. reward and benefit changes, structure changes etc.
- Identifying talent requirements and talent pipeline and working with key stakeholders to support succession planning processes
- Developing a small team of HR professionals to ensure positive engagement that has been built is maintained.
- Responsible for the review and communication of the employee survey results throughout EMEA and ensuring that actions are implemented.
- Holding financial responsibility for department travel budget as travel will be required within the EMEA region.
- Supporting the HR Director in the delivery of key HR initiatives across the Group
Skills and Experience required
- Minimum of 5 years international HR experience within a highly commercial, fast paced and operational business or businesses.
- Proven record of contributing to the business and strategic agenda, leading change and process improvement in a matrixed global environment.
- Knowledge of European employment laws and regulations : Labour laws in each country, Employment statutes with regards to hiring and terminating employees, Specific requirements with regards to working hours and conditions
- Flexible and able to travel to Europe on a regular basis and global travel as appropriate (c.25% of the time)
- Able to develop and maintain strong relationships and to engender trust and credibility within the management teams with an ability influence
- Strong ability to act pro-actively and can operate autonomously in a fast paced environment.
- Able to demonstrate ability to develop strong, enduring relationships with senior management.
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to keep it simple whilst working under pressure.
- A strong understanding of the various cultures across Europe