Programme Manager Global Engineering
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, innovative and tenacious Programme Manager to join our Client’s world class team and manufacturing facility in Northamptonshire.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the delivery of world class engineering solutions to enhance the performance of their portfolio of products.
You will be involved in the programme from concept, through prove-out, Client support, working closely with all other departments to ensure the product is right first time, every time.
They invest in their greatest asset: people, and strive to live by our values of Success, Passion, Integrity, Respect, Innovation, & Team-Work.
Every person takes immense pride in playing their part to the highest standards each and every day. Working with our Client is fast. It demands professional excellence and teamwork, and it calls for great reserves of motivation and resilience.The Role:The role of the Programme Manager is to programme manage product engineering and test definition, working closely with the Product Engineering team, Performance Engineering Team, the Supply chain, Build and Programme Management colleagues to instruct the builds specification of the product and rig hardware built for Mechanical and Performance Development activities. The Programme Manager is also responsible for working with the Product Validation Engineering team and the Test Operations Engineering team to develop test and facility capability to support product testing.You will be responsible across sub-systems and your role is to ensure hardware is built to the correct specification and that experiments are executed right first time every time. Working with all areas of the business to ensure that quality assured hardware is available when required to meet the time critical programme requirements. You must:
- Drive the alignment of all key stakeholders across the product value chain,
- Identify and mitigate risks and barriers to progress,
- Facilitate the achievement of the Engineering objectives,
- Set the appropriate tone and pace for the programme, and
- Motivate team members and colleagues to be better than the competition.
- An Engineering or Science based degree (Minimum 2:1) and/or sufficient experience in a relevant industry to have wealth of knowledge to draw upon when managing fast paced engineering led programmes
- Post graduate qualifications relating to the demonstration of professional development such as chartered status with a relevant professional body (e.g. CEng or a business-related degree (e.g. MBA)
- The candidate should have experience in a fast paced NPI programme, a programme with a high rate of change or have worked in an R&D programme in Motorsport, Automotive or Aerospace (or a similar industry).
- The candidate should have project management experience, experience of working with complex supply chains and an appreciation of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering.
- Preferred candidates will have SAP experience although experience of similar MRP systems will be considered. In addition you will have experience of working with Excel and MS Project
- Experience Management of complex projects.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Can build effective relationships at all levels
- A creative problem solver with an ability to make good decisions using data and experience
- Team player able to motivate teams in highly pressured situations
- Ability to manage complex scenarios in a constantly changing environment with deadlines that do not move
- Tenacious, ambitious and creative with a very good attention to detail
- Self-motivated with excellent time management: motivated by facilitating world class engineering
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77699550