Project Manager for Conference Projects
Why Work at Offshore Network
Here is why we think you’ll not only love working at Offshore Network, but why you’ll also find it rewarding and fulfilling. The four statements below form the basis of our company culture:
- Taking Ownership. We’ll give you the support and training you need to do your job and judge you on your results. How you get there, the way you work and the hours you keep are your responsibility. We believe in giving people full ownership and then recognising and rewarding great performance.
- Being influential. Everyone at Offshore Network has a voice. We’ll give you the opportunity and the flexibility to take on or contribute to any project. If you have a great idea or a different way of doing things, we’ll listen and support you if it makes sense. We want you to influence the way we do business and to teach some old dogs new tricks.
- Growing together. In order for Offshore Network to continue growing, we need our people to grow and develop too. We’ll train you and pass on our knowledge and once you’ve exhausted those resources we’ll support external development.
- What gets measured gets done – and rewarded. Age, experience and qualifications aren’t as important to us as performance. And we believe people should get rewarded based on the results they achieve. You’ll have the opportunity to work towards mutually agreed, black and white targets to earn commission and other benefits.
About Offshore Network
Established in September 2013, Offshore Network are an independent provider of business intelligence for the offshore oil & gas industry. In 2015, we also launched our sister brand, FinTech Network, providing industry leading content to the financial services and banking sector.
We are a business centred around research and people with a sharp focus on quality. We produce bespoke conferences and original content for our communities in the UK, Ireland, the U.S., the Middle East, the Asia Pacific and Africa.
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for a graduate with 1-2 years’ experience in a relevant business to take on the full end-to-end lifecycle of conference production. You’ll run two projects per year with full autonomy over every aspect of the conference process – from research through production, marketing, sales, and logistics. You’ll need
- Outstanding written and verbal communication used as a tool to build relationships. This is the single most important competency we’re looking for
- Experience of consultative sales
- An understanding of digital marketing principles
- To be comfortable working to deadlines and targets
- Competently managing many moving parts to deliver something exceptional
- To be successful in this role you must be commercially minded, resilient, proactive, ambitious, an excellent communicator and motivated by targets
Nice to Have
- Experience of researching market trends
- Any form of sales or business development
- Experience of marketing software especially Salesforce and Mailchimp
- Experience of planning, executing and evaluating your own projects
Tip: We’ve found that individuals who most often excel in this role are those who have been achievers in areas outside of academia. Talented musicians, sports people, linguists, young entrepreneurs, adventurers. We’re much more interested in what you did outside of school than in it!
As a Project Manager, you’ll form a critical part of the management team’s growth plan, taking on full responsibility for the end to end lifecycle of some key company projects. As such, your role will constantly evolve and develop as the business grows. You’ll be expected to seek opportunities to add value, advise the management team on new project opportunities as well as take on other ad hoc responsibilities. The three main areas of responsibility will be:
- Identifying new business intelligence or conference opportunities that will help the company reach its goals by assessing the disruptions, drivers, opportunities and threats impacting an industry and the associated commercial opportunities
- Conducting primary and secondary research with senior industry figures
- Identifying ways to grow, develop and improve existing projects and the ability to execute your ideas
- Planning your time to meet tight research, production and marketing deadlines
- Writing focused, technical conference agendas
- Building stakeholder engagement with the organisations needed to deliver your agenda
- Negotiating and managing strategic commercial partnerships
- Managing suppliers to help you deliver your project to the deadlines and standards required
- Managing a content led marketing strategy and budget over an 18-week campaign
- Negotiating and managing strategic marketing partnerships
- Developing and maintaining a LinkedIn marketing strategy
- Tracking, measuring and reporting on marketing performance
- Developing online and physical conference branding with external designers
Remuneration Package & Benefits
We aim to offer an exciting remuneration and benefits package that not only gives you the stability you need on a month by month basis through a competitive basic salary, but the opportunity to earn and work in the way that suits you, through flexible working hours, professional qualifications support and incentive structures.
- Competitive basic salary reflecting candidates experience and skill set
- Project profit share
- Discretionary annual profit share based on performance of the company
- 22 days holiday per annum and flexible working
- Company I-Phone or I-Pad on completion of 3 month probationary period
- Financial support for professional qualifications
- An opt-in government-backed workplace pension scheme
- Annual performance and salary review