M&E Associate Engineer - Design Manager
Our client, a privately owned international engineering consultancy, are engaged in the design and delivery of major projects within the Data Centre / Mission Critical space and are seeking to appoint an M&E Associate Engineer to lead multi-disciplinary design teams on projects valued from £150m to £500m. They are seeking an experienced Building Services Design Professional who has gained experienced on major projects (in the UK or abroad), who is interested in moving into a multi-disciplinary design management role and is excited by the opportunity to work with leading global clients to include Data Centre Providers, Social Media and Internet firms.
Typically engaged directly by end clients as Lead Consultants they take on overall responsibility for the complete building and engineering design, leading on all services to include Architecture, Façade Design, Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Mechanical Services, Electrical Services, Lighting, BMS and Fire protection. Their project portfolio stretches across the UK, Europe and Scandinavia and ranges from retro fits, assisting clients in R&D through to major multi-phase new build developments of Data Centres up to 35MW in size.
Reporting into a Partner the successful individual will be assigned to one of their major projects leading the design process from client engagement through to completion with duties to incorporate the following;
- Management and co-ordination of internal and external consultants / designers ensuring design briefs are achieved within agreed deliverables,
- Assist in the development of design briefs, agreeing scope and timeframes,
- Understand commercial risks and ensure smooth running of the design process from inception through to project completion to minimise,
- Take on lead client liaison role on all design related issues,
- Lead on contract administration for assigned projects,
- Organise and chair design team meetings,
Individuals seeking to be considered will possess a background in Building Services Engineering Design, with either a bias in either Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and are highly likely to be a Chartered Engineer. Experience working on major projects (£150m plus) within a lead engineer / project management role is essential with any mission critical or technology focused sector experience being advantageous, although by no means essential. It is however essential you are currently eligible to work in the UK without restrictions.
In return the successful individual will be joining a private practice who not only offer the chance to work with some of the World?s most recognised firms but as a competitive salary and benefits but also the following;
- Training and Development ? clear track record of investing in their staff to enable their continued professional development while also helping the company to improve their offering and offering routes to Partnership
- Staff Benefits - from a full benefits package and competitive salaries as well as running a social fund for varies events,
- Vision and Values - to build an engineering consultancy that is internationally recognised and respected for working in improving the built environment.
- Environment - operating from newly fitted-out offices in London that seek to provide a focus on the health & well-being of their staff,
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959564940