Corporate Tax Accountant - Retail
Robert Half are hiring for a Corporate Tax Accountant for a leading international retail business based near to Dunstable. This is a permanent, full-time position.
Reporting into the UK Tax Manager, the Corporate Tax Accountant will be responsible for corporate tax affairs for the UK and Ireland for this successful and growing business.
He or she will focus on corporate tax accounting, reporting and compliance, and will support the Tax Manager on other areas of UK Tax and tax project/advisory work.
- Prepare the quarterly current and deferred tax reporting provisions under IFRS across the UK and Ireland
- Prepare the UK corporation tax returns, and manage the tax compliance process, including group relief allocation and group tax payments with HMRC and finance/treasury colleagues
- Preparation of tax and deferred tax provisions for inclusion in UK statutory financial statements under FRS101
- Reviewing & managing the Irish corporation tax compliance process
- Working with auditors, finance controllers and Group tax colleagues
- Co-ordinating the SAO data collection and review process, and preparing the related notification and certificates for HMRC
- Preparing final tax returns for companies in liquidation, including obtaining clearance from HMRC
- Coordinating the tax risks identified within the UK & IE businesses, and reporting to Group Tax
The company is looking to hire a tax specialist who is either a recently qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA / ICAS) or a recently qualified tax adviser (CTA). The ideal candidate will have circa 1-4 years post-qualified experience.
The successful applicant will have a strong understanding of UK corporate tax issues and will be experienced in preparing tax returns and corporate tax reporting. Knowledge of IFRS accounting would be highly beneficial.
The client is a leading international retail business based near to Dunstable who produce many well-known brands.
Salary & Benefits
Salary is likely to be in the region of £50,000 to £60,000 plus bonus and benefits package.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement