Garment Technologist - Fixed Term Contract - 3 months
The Company - EAST's journey began as a small independent boutique on the Fulham Road, London in 1994. The original vision was to create and promote beautiful, Eastern inspired, clothes and accessories that would be desired by women who celebrate individuality. Today we have stores and concessions all across the UK and remain true to our vision. We aim to make EAST a continual journey of discovery; we hope you enjoy the voyage!
The Team - The Technical team are responsible for the fit and quality of all EAST clothing. The team work closely with Design and Buying to ensure the product fit, quality and aesthetics are made to a high standard. They are responsible for each garment from concept sample to final shipping. Working closely with manufacturers worldwide the team ensure that EAST’s standards, tolerances and grading are clearly understood and adhered to. As with the Production team, the Technical team’s time is governed by the Critical Path, and therefore they thrive on working to strict deadlines. The team regularly travel to India and China for inspections.
The role - We are currently looking for a new Garment Technologist to join our team on a Temporary basis starting in December 2017 for 3 months.
Some of the main responsibilities the successful candidate will carry out are as follow:
- To head up Concept Fit, advising on styling/fit/construction and quality keeping suppliers accurately updated.
- To raise Buying/Design awareness of fabric suitability and expected performance
- To co-ordinate Fit meetings for sealers together with Technical team.
- Take accountability for supplier communication.
- Able to guide and assist on pattern cutting/construction issues, check sealers, and Conduct in-line inspections during visits to suppliers
- To take accountability for ensuring critical path is up to date at all times.
- Keeping the Technical manger informed on any issues that affect the department or wider team.
- To ensure East’s code of conduct and ethical trading standards are followed by all suppliers taking corrective action when appropriate
- Manage and maintain effective working relationships both internal and external
- To take accountability for providing clear direction, motivation and development of the technical assistant, setting of measurable objectives.
The Person - Ideally will hold the following skills and attributes :
- Degree or equivalent qualification in garment technology
- Experience in a similar role
- Intermediate IT skills
- Excellent organisation, communication and Interpersonal skills
- Possess an in -depth knowledge of garment construction and manufacturing techniques
- Takes a collaborative and hands on approach their work
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/77641644