Senior Technican Water- Mechanical & Electrical
This is a full time vacancy but would be considered on a part time or flexible basis.
Due to increasing workloads in our Water Engineering team and the implementation of the Global Water Sector Strategy, our office in Wrexham now has a challenging opportunity for an experienced Senior Technician MEICA to develop the Wastewater engineering capability supporting the Water Engineering team in the briefing, tendering, consultation, design, implementation and management processes for construction projects of varying size and nature.
- Act as a member of a team on projects, as assigned, you will contribute to meeting clients' expectations.
- Provide support to project teams, ensuring that projects are completed on time, within budget and to the required quality to achieve the planned profit.
- Work effectively with, and coordinate the efforts of, engineering team members including civil, process, mechanical, electrical, and structural disciplines.Carry out design projects, manage interactions with other team members and monitor junior staff.
- Maintain, Develop and strengthen existing skills and deliver water engineering projects in accordance with client requirements and in line with company and industry best practice and up-to-date knowledge of relevant technical standards, legislation, codes of practice, and best practices in areas of competence.
Key benefits of the role include:
- Actively contribute to the development of the Wastewater Engineering capabilities in Opus' UK offices
- Joining an expanding team with a varied, interesting and challenging pipeline of work
- Joining a team with a culture of professional development and succession planning
- Competitive salary and benefits package
To apply for the role you will need:
- An accredited Higher National Certificate or diploma, or BSc specialising in mechanical or electrical engineering
- Idealy has Engineering Technician registration with appropriate professional body or working towards professional review
- A technical background in mechanical or electrical engineering especially with regard to sewerage and drainage design
- Experience in the use of industry standard software
- A proven track record in meeting client expectations
- Good AutoCAD skills.
- Experience of budget delivery and project time management
- Ability to work effectively and competently with people at all levels in the organisation; is a great team member
- Ability to work with little supervision; effective time management and strong organisational skills
- Contribute on an on-going basis toward maintaining a safe working environment both for yourself and for those working with you or in your close vicinity
- Ability to work to deadlines and see tasks through to completion and have the ability to work autonomously
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail
This role is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced M&E Technician looking for their next challenge.
And you couldn't be looking to join us at a better time, Opus is going from strength to strength in the UK and top it all we have just been voted the Number One engineering consultancy in the UK! We were awarded Company of the Year at the NCE100 Awards 2016. The awarding of this accolade was based on key competencies which the NCE considered most valuable with Opus ranked in the top 10 in each pillar during the assessment stage. This played a large part in Opus being named Company of the Year.
At Opus we attract and retain talented people through competitive remuneration and rewarding performance. We offer a flexible benefits programme via Opus - Flex that allows you to structure your remuneration package to suit your lifestyle. Further details on the benefits we offer can be found on the attachment at the foot of this page.
If you are keen to develop a long term career with a growing global organisation, please apply below or for more information on the career opportunities with Opus please visit the careers section of our website.
Opus is committed to a workplace that embraces equal employment opportunity & diversity. We are dedicated to creating and sustaining a professional and respectful work environment which supports mutual trust and assists each individual to reach their full potential - we therefore welcome applications from those who want part-time hours or job share opportunities.