Housing Enforcement Officer - Housing Technician - EHO
Vivid Resourcing are committed to equality of opportunity for all applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships or any other characteristic protected by law.
An outstanding opportunity has arisen with one my clients, a Local Authority based in Surrey, for an experienced Environmental Health Officer, Housing Technician or Housing Enforcement Officer to assist their Private Sector Housing team for an initial 9 month period covering a maternity leave.
About the role:
The Council are seeking an experienced Environmental Health Officer ideally specialising in Housing. Your duties would include:
* Make HHSRS inspections in accordance with the Housing Act 2004
* Licensing HMO properties in line with the legislation and council policies
* Undertake enforcement action when necessary to ensure that the health & safety of the property is brought up to the housing standards that the council deems appropriate
* Deliver Private Sector Renewal programmes, grants and initiatives as in accordance with the 2003 Regulatory Reform Housing Assistance Order 2002
* Collate evidence to assist in investigations against rogue landlords including preparation of written cases and serving notifications
An up to date knowledge of Housing and Environmental legislation is essential. You will have at least 1 year's hands on experience dealing HMO Licensing and EHORB registration or CIEH is preferable but not essential.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77700278