Technician in Catering & Hospitality
We are currently looking for a Technician in Catering & Hospitality for a College based in Ipswich.
You must be DBS checked.
37 hours per week, which may include 1-2 evenings per week, term-time only.
Previous experience in a similar role is essential.
Please find the Person Specification in the table below. Candidates will be shortlisted against this criteria.
Education and Qualifications
- Good standard of education including Literacy and Numeracy to Level 2, or a commitment to work towards attaining them
- A current Level 2 Food Safety certificate or a commitment to achieving one within a specified period
- A current First Aid certificate or the commitment to achieving one within a specified peri
- Level 2 in Food Safety
- First Aid certificate
Knowledge and Experience:
- Evidence of maturity and a good record of behaviour/conduct
- An understanding of good Health & Safety practice, and experience of implementing safe working practice in industry
- Proven experience of supervising cash handling and carrying out accurate cashing up, or a commitment to building that knowledge according to College procedures
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Effective communication skills to deal tactfully and sensitively with people at all levels
- Good organisational and interpersonal skills
- The ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with a wide range of people
- The ability to learn to use specialist equipment/systems/techniques including IT systems, or the commitment to building that knowledge according to College procedures
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Good knowledge of health and safety issues in the workplace
- The ability to respond flexibly to changing requirements, however these may be caused
- An understanding of and commitment to the College's Equality and Diversity Policy
- An understanding of and respect for the confidentiality required by the post
- Responsible for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 21st November between 9:30am and 12:30pm.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77663886