Project Engineer required for a 6-month contract role with a client of mine based in Cambridgeshire.
This opportunity is a hands-on position and will be responsible for providing Engineering services to the Device Engineering Group, working with major technical and engineering projects and programs including large scale and high spend ones. The ideal candidate will have experience working with NPI and NPD projects within Medical Devices, and will be needed to ensure NPD and commercial needs are met and aligned to the profit improvement plan.
Employing Lean and Sigma (6S) techniques, the role holder will work closely with outsourced manufacturers and the NPD group to ensure successful implementation of new product developments, line extensions and continuous improvement projects that meet key design and product cost targets.
- Performing all activities in compliance with relevant Quality Systems standards and specifically with FDA Quality System Regulation and ISO 13485.
- Applying high standards of occupational Health & Safety in the workplace to comply with company policy and procedures.
- Leading the developing of new outsourced manufacturing process design, for both capital and revenue projects, including estimates for the design and implementation of project work, to ensure processes are capable to deliver consistent quality and cost efficiency and meet targeted financial commitments.
- Leading improvements to product and manufacturing process design to improve product functionality, quality, and unit cost.
- Leading the implementation and control of supplier enforced raw material and process changes required to secure continuity of supply.
- Providing technical expertise and utilising product and process excellence to develop process solutions to manufacturing issues; providing assistance to operations including troubleshooting of operating problems, special tests, studies, and technical assistance as required.
- Supporting NPI / NPD in the development of New Products, designing and manufacturing specifications, ensuring designs are optimised for cost, quality performance and manufacturability within the outsourced supply base; Lead the development of New Line Extensions.
- Ideally degree educated (Systems Engineering, Electronics / Polymer Science / moulding, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Process Engineering or Mechanical Engineering)
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77697191