Branch Manager - Freight Forwarding
New BRANCH MANAGER role has arisen based in MANCHESTER working an expanding FREIGHT FORWARDING COMPANY.
The BRANCH MANAGER'S role will be to actively support the growth of our Forwarding client through a commitment to achieve its strategic objective of meeting and exceeding the budget set for the financial year. By actively Managing the running of the Departments, through a committed approach to achieving best in class customer service and surpassing customer KPI metrics, whilst demonstrating a committed approach to relationship building with all customers, suppliers, colleagues and overseas offices/agents combined with an emphasis on proactively looking for opportunities of growth, development and applying efficiency to your role at all times.
Integral to the above is proactive management of your team's individual performance in line with the company expectation, mentoring, developing and stretching the team to their maximum potential, whilst managing dips in performance in line with HR advice
Essential or preferred qualifications
Preferred - Level CO Aviation/Dangerous Goods
Essential or preferred experience (number of years' experience within a specific job role/or the industry)
Essential minimum 5 years' experience in a managerial operational freight forwarding role with a minimum of 5 years varied experience in an operational environment.
Key skills/in-depth knowledge requirements
* In Depth Knowledge of Logistics
* Excellent Communication/Customer Service Skills
* High Level of Experience in Warehouse Management Systems
* Good Working Knowledge of Large Tenders/RFQ'S
* Computer Literate
* Attention to Detail in Completion of Tasks
* Market Place Knowledge to Ensure Servicing/Costing are Achieved Effectively
Proactively manage your department in the following ways, including but not limited to:
* Strategically plan and manage logistics, warehouse, transportation and customer services
* Direct, optimize and coordinate full order cycle
* Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
* Customer relations - Client visits to build relationships, expand on business opportunities, discuss any service failures and agree on rectification process, review of on-going improvements including SOP's and KPI's where required. Dealing with customer complaints or issues.
* Maximising profits and minimising costs - Coming up with new improved ways of working including: tender processes, rate collation (Suppliers)/analysis and streamlining of department processes and procedures/managing staff performance.
* Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets
* Managing department heads to ensure operational requirements are met
* Managing the individual performance of staff against the company expectation, mentoring, developing and stretching team to maximum potential, whilst managing dips in performance in line with HR advice, including holiday and sickness management.
* Monthly Business Report: Overview of the performance of the departments following month end, highlighting highs and lows, profit and loss, customer feedback on current service level, insurance claims.
* Rate negotiation -Managing rate negotiation process through department heads
* Motivating team including mentoring/regular, monthly team meetings advising team on performance of the department, input from team (Brainstorming) relating to improvements, direction of department, streamlining processes.
* Compliance - Actively undertake all duties relating to ensure the branch is compliant with all regulations/guidelines specific to GDP/AEO/ISO/H&S/Employment Law and Gefco Forwarding in-house processes and procedures.
* Manage and assist with operational duties as and when required by the business.
* Resolve any arising problems or complaints
Health and Safety Responsibilities
? You must take responsibility for your own safety
? Apply and enforce Health & Safety, Quality and Environmental regulations and processes on a day to day basis
? Make sure where you work is safe and hazard free
? Report ALL accidents and near misses to your Line Manager, however insignificant they may seem
? You have a legal responsibility to work with Management to identify hazards and reduce risk as much as possible in the work place
? in relation to breaches of H&S standards by way of reporting to HR
? Provide positive health and safety leadership
? Ensure all staff within the area of responsibility, have received the required health and safety training to fulfil their role. Allocate adequate resources to enable timely health and safety training to take place
? Agree specific health and safety objectives with teams, reviewing KPIs and health and safety performance regularly (H&S Meetings)
? Implement action plans and track progress as well as liaise with the health and safety team to ensure legal compliance
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/77697341