Field Service Engineer - Hydraulics
- Covering South East of England region - Cambridgeshire, Suffolk, Essex, London, Kent, Sussex, Surrey, Oxfordshire, Hertfordshire & Buckinghamshire
- Permanent, full-time
- £30,000 - £35,000 per annum, plus fully expensed Van & Overtime - Good OTE
Covering the south east, this position is responsible for providing maintenance and repair service to all brands of on-road load handling equipment at customer locations across the South East, with a focus on Hydraulic, Mechanical and Electrical repair and diagnosis.
- Providing timely diagnosis/repair of the product lines located in the field at customer sites
- Complete regular preventative maintenance as scheduled
- Ability to use hand, air, and electric hand tools; operate forklifts, small cranes and mechanical hoists as needed
- Conduct product training for the customer and dealer technicians to insure competency.
- Evaluate and assist with warranty claims
- Work with Product Engineering to develop solutions to operational problems in the field
- Achieve a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Communicate with customers regarding the diagnosis and repair problems experienced in the field
Apprentice or mechanical/electrical qualifications or equivalent.
- Significant experience in heavy industrial equipment mechanical & electrical troubleshooting and equipment repairs including, Motors, Controls, PLC electronic control, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, structural and engine systems.
- Must be able to read engineering drawings.
- Should possess a technical aptitude for heavy equipment.
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Candidates must have the ability to communicate with individuals and/or groups consisting of dealer representatives, customer-end users and other technicians or service personnel.
- Must demonstrate a strong work ethic, dependability and initiative.
£30,000 - £35,000 pa, plus Overtime & fully expensed Van.
- As this is a field based role, candidates need to be located within the South-East area.
- We also require applicants who are within a reasonable commuting distance from Bishop's Stortford; where the depot is as there may be times where you will be working at the Bishop's Stortford depot.
Please bear in mind that you may not hear from us straight away. Due to the high level of applications we receive every day, we can only respond to applicants whose skills and qualifications are suitable for this position.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77695834