A successful Secondary Academy School based in Bracknell / Ascot, Berkshire.
The school provides education of an excellent standard, and was awarded Grade 1 Outstanding status in its last Ofsted inspection. Exam results are excellent and the school develops its students into well rounded young adults. The IT function of the school is supported by a dynamic, friendly, highly skilled support team that deliver an excellent quality service to more than 2000 users based on a single campus. The team are motivated facilitators ensuring that staff, students and parents alike receive a first-rate end user experience.
- You will work as part of the ICT Support team, to assist in the day-to-day operation and maintenance of IT Support across the School and assist staff and students in any matter related to technical support.
- You will use the IT Support Helpdesk system to analyse hardware and software faults and apply relevant solutions. You will accurately enter all faults reported on to the Help Desk system to ensure that the IT Support desk is monitored on a regular basis and that all calls are logged and answered with in the current guidelines.
- You will assist in the upgrading of existing hardware and software
- You will assist in the checking of new deliveries when they arrive.
We are looking for someone that is highly IT literate ideally with a knowledge of IT networks and hardware. You should be able to work to deadlines and manage conflicting demands, be reliable, hardworking, friendly and approachable. You should be able to demonstrate a professional and helpful manner and show a commitment to continuous learning and development.
Charters School has a responsibility for, and is committed to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and for ensuring that they are protected from harm. All positions are subject to pre-employment and an Enhanced DBS check (Disclosure and Barring Service). Charters School is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The desirable candidate will have at least 5 GCSE's (C and above) including English and Maths and excited to begin a Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship
"QA's apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce."
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am -4.00 pm or by arrangement with Line Manager
- £8212 increasing to £10,220 after six successful months' probation
Benefits & Future Prospects:
- Our normal dress code is smart / formal, though tie is optional due to the nature of the work to be undertaken.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959565120