Media Relations Manager
The ground breaking work of the firm opposes corporations and governments; this leads to challenges in the media as well as many opportunities to highlight the work the firm does. The media relations department looks to build the profile of the firm, protect its reputation, but more importantly, to ensure the client’s interests are always met.
Key tasks and responsibilities;
Working directly with the Head of Media Relations and the Marketing team, the role holder will be co-ordinating interaction with journalists, whilst monitoring opportunities and efficiently acting upon emerging stories and provide reports on media coverage to Senior Management. S/he would also be drafting website content, and maintaining content on Leigh Day’s social media channels.To be successful you must have;
- demonstrable media relations experience, sound understanding of media law and excellent knowledge of current affairs.
- excellent understanding of social media, with demonstrable knowledge of utilising Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube as media channels.
- excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate accurately, clearly and concisely to journalists.
- demonstrable experience of working within a busy environment, in order to manage campaigns on tight deadlines and prioritise workload to maximise news impact.
- intermediate level proficiency in working with MS Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook), HTML and CMS platforms.
- a good understanding and appreciation of Leigh Day values and ethos.
- A covering letter stating why you are interested in this role, your current salary details and applicable notice period.A copy of your up-to-date CV.The completed application form (downloadable from our website).
We are not accepting CVs from agencies for this post.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77696497