Established Buyer - Outerwear and Smart Seperates
A Bit About
Our Global Vision is to be the world’s fashion authority. Endorsed by opinion formers and accessible to everyone, we are an authentic British Brand with world class standards. A fashion-insider that constantly innovates through its brave and irreverent approach, providing fashion leadership to style-minded individuals.
Develop a credible and commercial product range for all channels of our Global Multi Channel business, editing ranges to drive profit.
What You'll Be Doing Day to Day
- Work with the Management Team to define and communicate a clear vision of the future for the department; translating into a deliverable department strategy
- Work with Merchandising to ensure that the product range is without gaps or duplication and that the season is logically and commercially thought through
- Work closely with Designer and Garment Technologist to create an effective product development team, ensuring that the customer is pivotal in all decision making
- Demonstrate an in-depth, customer-focused knowledge of Evans market and trends and use this to influence your thinking and product development
- Develop a strategic supplier base for the department, striving for consistent best practice partnerships; achieving maximum flexibility and reliability
- Operate an effective / timely product sign off process, appropriate for all product lead-times
- Ensure that the correct level of newness is present in ranges and that volume lines are maximised and ‘moved on’ at the appropriate time
- Demonstrate views on current key trade activity that potentially impacts the department
- Build and develop a high performing team; identifying individual training needs as well as encouraging effective teamwork
- Experienced Buyer
- A passionate individual used to working in a fast paced buying environment
- Established track record of driving a department forward
- Demonstrate a pro-active approach to sourcing new ideas and inspiration.
- Ability to challenge, influence and persuade at all levels.
- Awareness of current and future trends, knowledge of the high street and an understanding of what is happening in retail
- A strong negotiator and natural team manager
- Experience in working with both long and short lead time product and suppliers
The Exciting Part
- Generous holiday with holiday trading
- 25% staff discount
- Early finish summer hours
- Access to sample sales
- Regular team and company social events
- Pension scheme
- Company bonus scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan
We regret, due to volume, only suitable applicants will be contacted.You’ll find every Arcadia brand shares the same values. We all start with letting people be themselves. We are informal while professional, and we are all about mixing fun with commercial nous. Throughout your career with us we will help you develop, and give you the chance to influence our future. It's not only our products but our people who drive our success. Our people are at the heart of everything we do.
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/77677073