Part Time Accounts Receivable / Data Entry Clerk
Part Time Accounts Receivable / Data Entry Clerk Deeside, Flintshire
The Company is one of the largest private label manufacturers of traditional breakfast cereal and cereal bars. Their position as a market leader is as a result of over 30 years of continuous growth. The Company has captured the market delivering into the big 4 retailers in the UK and Ireland as well as EU retailers across Europe.
Following an increase in cereal and cereal bars sales and a recent review of the Finance Department there is now a requirement for an Accounts Receivable/Data Entry Clerk reporting into the Financial Accountant.
This is a part time role which can be covered over a 4 or 5 day period and can be tailored to meet both the candidate's preference and in line with the business need.
The successful candidate would be responsible for maintaining the sales ledger, ensuring sales invoicing and payment allocations are fully up to date and the relevant bank account is full reconciled.
Key objectives of the role include:
- Create daily sales invoice run and responsible for EDI & miscellaneous invoicing
- Post and allocate cash to customer accounts in a timely manner
- Process all debit notes received and query missing debit notes deducted from customer remittances
- Raise credit notes as and when required
- Notify sales, credit notes and other information to invoice factoring company in accordance with pre-defined time limits
- Regular review and monitoring of debtor days by customer together with commentary for inclusion in month end pack
- Month end reconciliation of sales ledger and reconciliation of output VAT charged on taxable supplies
- Assisting year end auditors with all queries in relation to AR and cut off procedures
- Assisting with invoice factoring company audits
- Support for monthly payroll administration with data entry activities
- Act as cover in allocating cash and posting payments in addition to performing daily bank reconciliations for all bank accounts.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Prior experience required within an accounting environment
- Sound working knowledge and experience of computerised sales ledger systems
- Numerate and computer literate including a sound working knowledge of Excel
- Able to prioritise tasks and manage own work load on a day to day basis although direction will be provided by the Financial Accountant.
- Able to work under pressure and meet defined timescales and deadlines
Hours of Work: 20 - 25 hours per week
Salary: £10 per hour
- Start / finish time negotiable
- Company sick pay scheme
- Competitive holiday entitlement offered
- Subsidised canteen facilities, staff shop, free parking
- Contributory pension scheme with life assurance benefits
To Apply: Please press the 'apply' button
Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days, then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This may be of interest to those looking for the following roles: Purchase Ledger Assistant, Finance Admin, Purchase Ledger Administrator, Accounts Assistant, Sales Orders, Sales Order Processing, Sales Admin, Manufacturing, Liverpool, Chester, Mold, Wrexham, Nantwich, Crewe, Birkinhead, Manchester, Warrington, Crewe, Cheshire, Merseyside, Wirral, Flintshire
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959565999