Nomenca has a unique offering, providing services from feasibility and design through to offsite fabrication, installation, construction and commissioning whilst supporting clients with operations and optimisation of assets. This means you will have the opportunity to develop solutions and see them delivered, working closely with our site teams. We are working with clients across the UK water sector helping them to solve their AMP6 challenges. So, if you're looking for a new challenge, working for a different type of organisation during a period of exciting growth, then read on about your new role.
A vacancy has arisen for a Commissioning Engineer. Reporting to the Contracts Manager, you will be involved in the commissioning of Mechanical / Electrical and Combined schemes, predominately in the water industry.
The main duties include the responsibility for the following:
- Preparation of Commissioning Documentation including Commissioning Manuals, Test Plans and Training Manuals.
- Attendance at commissioning meetings with representatives from our clients engineering and operational teams
- Undertaking Factory Acceptance Testing for major items of plant
- Liaising with our suppliers and subcontractors throughout the on-site commissioning process
- The commissioning, interfacing and setting to work of equipment, including:
- Motor Control Centres
- Pumping Plant
- Process Equipment
- Standby Generation Equipment
- Various Instrumentation
Skills and Experience
- An industry applicable ONC or City & Guilds / NVQ equivalent
- Demonstrable experience of working within the water and / or sewage industries
- Relevant H&S qualifications (IOSH or CITB 5 Day Site Safety Management, A relevant CSCS card and First Aid training)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Self motivation
- Be able to organise yourself and others workload
- Be proactive in your approach
- An excellent communicator
- A high level of diplomacy and customer focused
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77697773