Test Engineer - Contract
Our client are well-known throughout the world as a leader within their field. They have an extensive and positive reputation within the industry. They have a state of the art facility and this opportunity has become available due to business growth.
- Responsible for the testing of all company's products available for reliability testing at their Manchester site.
- Working on Automation and Robotics equipment.
- Setting up and carrying out hardware tests on system modules (e.g. selectors) as well as complete systems (e.g. stores)
- Carrying out various tests from component level to full system life cycle tests, to help assess their reliability.
- Serves as the primary technical interface with both design (Mechanical, Electrical and Software departments) and manufacture teams to prepare, perform and report on test activities required.
- Monitoring of hardware for faults.
- Working on own initiative, on various test projects.
- Identifying any problems/errors during the test, reporting them to the Engineering teams, applying analytical methods to find the failure cause, writing detailed test reports.
- Maintaining documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software.
- Consults with SW development engineers in resolution of problems, whilst suggesting possible improvements that can be made.
- Defining processes and test procedures,
- Creating and updating related documentation
- Reporting to Lead Reliability Engineer
- Based in the reliability area in the workshop
- Occasional international site travel abroad as required for training, investigation or commissioning purposes
- General supervision of work with assignments that require a thorough and practical knowledge of the technical or business discipline.
- May be assigned to small projects or to phases/portions of larger projects.
- Training will be provided for the right individual
- Logical thinking, and methodical approach to problem solving
- Preferably someone from an Electrical, mechanical, computing or general engineering background.
- Willingness to learn and tackle new technologies
- Hands on test, repair or maintenance background within a hardware or electromechanical product environment.
- Excellent PC skills and report writing skills. Predominately Excel and Word.
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills.
- An ability to record actions step by step in order to retrace steps when an issue is found.
- Excellent attention to detail and an eye for spotting anomalies.
- Proficient with tools, systems, and procedures required by the work.
- Preferably some Motion Control Experience but not compulsory as training will be provided.
If this position is of interest then please send your cv
Nb. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this position.
Perpetual Partnerships is part of the Cygnet Group of engineering companies based in Northwich and specialise in providing the best quality contract and permanent candidates to the engineering, manufacturing, energy and built environment markets. Being part of an engineering group means we are passionate about understanding how companies are run, the cultural fit of the people and therefore, about recruitment.
We operate up to £1,000 refer a friend scheme so if you aren't interested then recommend a friend and earn yourself up to £1,000! Please enquire for further details.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77677377