Software / Application Architect / Technical Architect
Software / Application Architect / Technical Architect – London - £60,000 - £70,000 plus car allowance and excellent benefits
A leading technology company, at the very forefront of its industry, is looking to hire a Technical Architect, with a strong background in Software Engineering. This well-respected business works with Government and commercial clients alike, providing them with a range of cutting edge, bespoke solutions, to solve a variety of complex problems.
We are looking for a capable individual, who can take responsibility for the overall design of an application, setting the direction, development methods and practices that the development teams use. You will be involved in all aspects of estimation, planning and risk management, working closely with clients, internal stakeholders and the wider technical teams.
We are keen to hear from candidates who can demonstrate familiarity and knowledge of,
- The full project lifecycle from bid, through requirements capture to development, integration, testing and delivery
- Development methods such as Agile, Waterfall, XP, SCRUM, RUP
- Estimation techniques and the ability to use them appropriately throughout the development lifecycle
- Project quality techniques including planning, risk management and decision making
- Test-driven development, continuous integration, code coverage, static analysis
- Working understanding of infrastructure platforms and middleware
- System design and architecture
- Design and code reviews
- Validation / testing
- Java, Groovy, C#
- JEE, Spring, .Net
- Linux / Windows
- HMTL5, Ajax, XML, REST, JSF
- UNIX, PHP, Python
- UML, BPMN, Sparx EA
- Spring, WS/SOAP, MoM, RMI, JMS
- MySQL, Oracle, NoSQL
- ALM (Maven, Ant, Hudson, JIRA)
- Mock frameworks (JMock, EasyMock, Mockito)
- Test automation (Junit, httmlunit, webdirver, Selenium, LoadRunner, Grinder (or .Net equivalents))
- Quality reporting (Sonar, Checkstyle, PMD, Findbugs, Cobertura, or .Net equivalents)
For more information or to apply, send your CV to
Urgent role - please apply now!
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, and we confirm that we will gladly accept applications from persons of any age for this role.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77649950