Technical Support Engineer - Homeworking
Avoka has created digital sales software for banks, financial institutions and government agencies, allowing them to acquire and service customers on digital and mobile devices. Leading banks use Avoka software for their "apply online" processes for credit cards and account opening. Headquarters are in Sydney and Denver, with significant operations in the UK.
Avoka is a multi-award winning organization including three ?Best in Show Awards? at Finovate voted for by the audience; Citi Mobile Challenge Customer Experience Award; and named one of the ?Top 10 Fintech Emerging Stars? at Finovate by KPMG.
Due to increased demand globally for our products and services, the UK team are looking to employ an experienced Technical Support Engineer.
The Technical Support Engineer is expected to take ownership of the technical assignments and be required to work collaboratively with other team members to solve client problems and suggest workaround or code fixes where required.
The successful candidate will work closely with other team members and the professional services and product management team both locally and globally. Please note that this is not a development role, it is important that candidates with a development background can show clear evidence of having supported a major enterprise application and want to build a career in support.
Your Major Responsibilities:
As part of the Operations team you will contribute to our clients? success by:
- Configuring their new installations
- Assisting clients in developing their transactions
- Analyse, research, replicate and resolve technical client issues
- For critical issues identify solutions to get clients back to BAU as quickly as possible
- Perform and document root cause analysis
- Help to provide solutions/strategies for issue prevention
- Follow through on solutions offered to ensure client acceptance
- Maintain strong and positive client interactions
- Work hands on with the system to configure and test it to ensure that client issues can be resolved
- Manage issues and track timeline of development deliverables, and stay informed of progress
- Liaise with the global teams to provide a world class support service
- Participate in team learning and knowledge sharing activities
- Understand the existing technical architecture and infrastructure of the application and maintain the highest level of expertise
Your Minimum Qualifications:
- Degree level education in Computer Science, Physics, Maths or similar IT related subject or with IT/CS as a major component (e.g. IT with Management etc.)
- Must have experience working in a technical application support role for a software product company or financial services
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of technical application support experience
- Knowledge of full life cycle software development
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills
- The ability to research and learn new technologies quickly
- Strong experience in supporting, troubleshooting and/or implementing Java and Web-based enterprise applications
- Understand and engage with complex issues, environments and products and work to resolve issues independently and effectively
- Strong structured and analytical problem-solving skills
- Ability to learn new skills quickly and independently
- Must have interpersonal skills to interact appropriately with clients
- Ability to work as part of a global team
- Must be flexible and self-motivated with the ability to work independently and take ownership to follow assignments and issues through to resolution
- Must be able to work under pressure on time-sensitive issues in a multi-tasking environment
- Ability to handle multiple client issues and projects simultaneously, often against tight very deadlines
- Must be flexible in order to provide out of hours support to clients if required
- Home-office with high speed internet connection
- Must be eligible to work in the UK
Avoka offers the best of both worlds ? the stability of an established 14-year-old company, with blue chip customers worldwide, and the growth trajectory of a startup, with 50% annual growth and a new round of funding to accelerate and create ever-changing opportunities. Avoka employees don?t just follow a job description, they are part of creating it every day!
Added to that, in the UK we offer the flexibility of working from home with office space available in London when needed. A large proportion of our work is carried out remotely but we are in constant contact online and hold regular get-togethers to ensure that the team stays connected.
Location of Position: UK, Homeworking
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959552566