Role: Childcare Assessor
Main purpose of job:
The overall aim is to deliver training, assessment, advice and support to learners undertaking their Apprenticeship qualifications in Wales/England.
To ensure individual KPI targets are being met in line with contractual requirements.
To actively engage in CPD to self-evaluate and develop in your own role.
Responsible to: Team LeaderResponsible to: On programme learners and their employment sectors
- Ensure that learner eligibility is suitable for training provision.
- Complete the necessary Start-Up learner paperwork in line with contractual requirements-with support from the admin team.
- Liaise with both learner and employer during the first month of the apprentice starting their chosen Apprenticeship to arrange an assessment visit to reduce early leaver risk.
- Identify with each learner and employer where necessary, the appropriate programme, qualifications and units.
- Early identification of prior experience and qualifications.
- Agree learner training requirements with the individual and employer, using the ILP document
- Assess learner as required by national standards.
- Provide advice and support throughout each apprentice's programme.
- Monitor and review the progress of the Apprenticeship with learner and manager. Ensure all paperwork is legible, accurate and meets the companies contractual quality standards and timely requirements.
- Participate in observation of own training delivery to learners with line manager-to meet ESTYN/OFSTED requirements.
- Ensure that flexible delivery of learning takes place through varied visits and assessment methods.
- Ensure each learner is monitored closely and progressed to completion in an agreed length of time.
- Ensure monthly meeting attendance with line manager to review progress.
- Complete Health & Safety assessment visits in line with contractual requirements.
- Manage your time effectively prioritising workloads whilst remaining focused.
- Managing a caseload of 45 learners at any one time.
- Demonstrate excellent time management skills and be able to deliver work on time, working to strict deadlines.
- Ensure that all activities and documentation are maintained and reviewed in line with organisational procedures and standards and contractual requirements.
- Produce work and maintain a high standard of quality, effectiveness and presentation.
- Planning and arranging meetings with learners and employers as appropriate to areas of responsibility.
- Work in tandem with the existing team to ensure that all activities are completed in an effective, efficient and timely manner on a day-to-day basis.
- Maintaining and completing required records of training and assessment.
- Continually (at each visit) ensuring each learner's work environment is appropriate and safe.
- Ensuring all external testing rules and regulations are followed as laid down by the company and awarding body.
- Liaise with key internal and external customers to ensure effective communication of training delivery as appropriate to the needs of the learner or employer.
- Liaise with the manager to ensure all actions are completed to agreed timescale.
- Ensure that team communications are integral and contribute towards successful achievement of team or department and organisational objectives.
- Managing communication skills to tailor approach to different audiences if required, taking account of different perspectives, personalities, behaviours and cultures.
- Adapt communication style to meet individual requirements.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with learners and staff.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills understanding needs and concerns and offer support and guidance in respect of the assessment process and the values and culture of the company.
Judgement and decision-making:
- Effectively manage your caseload with advice, guidance and support from your line manager
- Undertake general decision making that is appropriate to the role and day-to-day activities of the team and its positive achievement to departmental activities or objectives.
Role related knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience required:
- Occupational competency within relevant sector of delivery (ideally in the last five years).
- Qualified to D32/33 or A1 Assessors qualifications.
- Basic office IT knowledge (including most Microsoft Office packages).
- Excellent communication skills (at all levels).
- Able to work to targets and deadlines including the monitoring of ongoing individual OPP's to ensure contractual compliance.
- Able to work as part of a team reporting to line manager
- Experience and knowledge of training and assessment.
- Welsh speaker
- Prior Key Skills/ESW delivery and Technical Certificate
- IQA/TAQA 401/402 qualification
- ESW/Key Skills in Communication & Application of Number (as a minimum) to a level 3-or be prepared to work towards.
- Deliver any other reasonable requests from your line manager or senior management team.
- To attend continuing professional development in line with agreed personal development plan.
- To ensure conduct is of a professional nature at all times.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77685314