Supplier Relations Manager
Our client is the most extensive private hire and executive car supplier network in the UK. They are a fast-growing organisation, enjoying on-going success and significant growth. They are currently recruiting for an equally ambitious Supplier Relations Manager to join their busy and dynamic team, managing a virtual fleet of around 140,000 vehicles in the UK.
The main purpose of the role is to coordinate all aspects of supplier relationship management to ensure that clients achieve optimum supplier performance in respect of quality, cost and availability and ensuring that the company remains the market leader in the taxi management industry. You will expected to carry out 6 meetings a week with suppliers nationwide which will mean there will a be a need to stay away 2-3 nights a week
As the Supplier Relations Manager your role will a be a varied and diverse one which will involve a lot of relationship management with both small and large suppliers, extensive negotiation and quite a lot of difficult conversations.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
Will need to be able to demonstrate they have managed supplier relations within a service sector, some fleet or taxi management industry experience would be useful however not essential. What is essential is having the face to face supplier negotiation and performance management experience with the confidence, flexibility, initiate and the ability to manage a supply chain effectively from very small to extremely large accounts. You will need to be proactive and on the ball and be able to make effective commercial decisions to ensure minimal impact on customers is achieved.
- Strong relationship building experience with the service industry, in either a supplier relations or account management role
- Ideally you will have worked in either travel management, car hire or last minute logistics
- Must have previous experience in face to face meeting with client or suppliers
- Willingness to learn and understand taxi legislation
- Numerical and analytical and ability to solve problems Good planning, organizational and administrative skills
- Confidence, integrity and sound negotiation skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Databases
Full valid driving license and the ability to travel 2-3 times a week within the UK. Our client is offering a competitive salary of c£32,000 + Car.
This will be a home-based role. For more information, please contact Nicola Forshaw
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77687646