Senior Sitecore Developer
- Senior Sitecore Developer
- £510 per day
- Initial 3 month contract
- Role based in Cambridge
As one of the most revered leaders in their industry, this technology led organisation is widely regarded as one of Britain’s global success stories. This is a fantastic opportunity to join them as a Senior Sitecore Developer.
We are looking for a highly skilled Senior SiteCore Developer to join an established delivery team to support and lead key digital delivery initiatives. Working collaboratively with product owners and the scrum team, you will help to share the funnel of ideas into the deliverables for the team, leaning on your significant Sitecore and past experience to ensure best practice implementation.
It is a fast-paced environment, so being focused and adaptable are key attributes, as is the ability to reflect and learn on how to improve deliver great solutions for our customers.
- Lead technical implementation of new digital applications/services.
- Provide guidance and support to other team members; coding, review, design.
- Validate designs are fit-for-purpose and aligned to best-practice standards.
- Development of code and unit testing as a member of the team.
- Drive delivery improvements; continuous deployment updates.
- Documentation of best-practices standards to support other team members.
Skills and qualifications:
- Extensive experience with enterprise grade software development, including web application and content management system (CMS) with hands-on development experience
- Excellent knowledge of SiteCore CMS 8.0+ and associated modules, patterns, etc...
- Experience of a number of Sitecore migrations; minor and major updates.
- Use of design and architectural patterns including MVC and SOA. Experience with microservices, API management and SPA is desirable.
- Strong development experience, with 4+ years .NET framework, MVC, ASP.NET and C#
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Good knowledge of using and implementing TDD (Mocha, Karma or Jasmine)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as; Git / Mercurial / SVN
- Experience working with Rest APIs and/or Web Services
- Proficient in Shell / PowerShell scripting.
- Strong technical knowledge and communication skills
- Strong delivery and outcome focus, ability to identify gaps and provide solutions quickly.
- Ability to analyse performance test results and tune web applications
- Development or design experience using Sitecore CMS workflows, community, localisation and customer portal features
- Deploying and configuring search products, e.g. Coveo
- Use of agile methodology and tracking tools like Jira
- Use of Azure AD and integration using SAML or WS* standard
- DevOps and cloud deployment automation and configuration e.g. Puppet, Chef, Vagrant
- Containerisation using Docker.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77678216