I am looking to recruit several Qualified Actuaries to join a major life insurance business based in the North West. We have several exciting opportunities available to join the Actuarial team on a permanent basis. The Actuary can have a background in one or some of the following areas: Financial Reporting (Solvency II, IFRS, EEV), With Profits Management, Capital Monitoring or Modelling.
- Carry out financial analysis using complex actuarial and analytical techniques to support team, department or wider business planning and other activities as required.
- Monitor and check the quality of the financial analysis performed by team members to ensure accuracy and provide feedback to the originator.
- Identifies and make improvements to areas in processes which have a high level of risk or control failure.
- Challenge and make improvements and efficiencies to data, processes, procedures and documentation to make them more accurate and/or efficient.
- Identify risks and control failures and manage through the appropriate systems and control.
- Risks and control failures of a significant nature and impact are reported and escalated as appropriate.
- Ensure procedure documentation is maintained and improved and meets any agreed standards.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Nearly Qualified or Qualified Actuary
- Strong Solvency II knowledge
- Experience of working within a life insurance business
- Strong working knowledge of relevant computer systems and packages
- Understanding of the broader Life Insurance market.