Manager - Strategic Account Management - Open to flexible working
Who we are looking for
Do you have a proven track record in business development and client relationship management in a highly competitive, Business to Business environment?
Can you show that you have experience leading, motivating, developing and coaching diverse account teams?
We're looking for experienced and inspiring Manager level candidates to focus on key account management as part of the Strategic Account Management (SAM) team within our Sales and Marketing team.
About the SMT team
The Sales and Marketing Team (SMT) covers all aspects of professional services marketing, sales support and business development. The prime area of focus for the function is to support the development and implementation of the firm’s market strategy and in particular to deliver:
Enhanced relationships and networks
A distinctive brand experience
About the SAM Role
We're looking for experienced and inspiring Manager level candidates to focus on key account management as part of SAM. SAM focuses on the firm’s top priority accounts across different segments and supports lead relationship partners and account teams to drive profitable revenue growth and deliver exceptional client value. The roles will report to a Senior Manager who in turn reports to one of two Team Leaders within SAM and work closely the Head of SAM and other key personnel across sales and marketing team.
Our firm's strategy is designed to provide a sharper focus on market issues in order to prioritise growth opportunities and align our resources to deliver them. Our plan is to obtain transformational growth of our consulting market share and to extend our lead in our core businesses of audit, tax, business recovery services and transactions.
Within SMT, there are 3 Capabilities; Sales, Marketing and Market Activation. Strategic Account Management (SAM) sits within the Sales capability. It is overseen by a Head of SAM Capability and two Senior Manger Team Leaders.
Those in the Strategic Account Management capability are responsible for:
- Having a deep understanding of their client’s priorities, strategies and organisations to ensure PwC add value across their broader organisation.
- Developing and implementing effective account strategies including relationship mapping, management of opportunity pipeline and generation of investment plans.
- Bringing discipline, structure and support to account teams through management information, market insight, knowledge sharing and meeting preparation.
- Working right across the pursuit process to inform, support, challenge and inspire their account teams to spot, develop and convert a pipeline of opportunities.
- Supporting the Firms one firm sales and marketing strategy.
- Building high performing teams of partners and staff around their particular clients.
In addition to the Manager requirements set out in the PwC Professional career progression framework, the successful Manager candidate has responsibility for:
- Sales Excellence: Drives the uptake of the Pursuit Process within their accounts to drive excellence in sales, bringing the best of PwC’s Sales & Marketing team to their accounts and clients in order to enhance profitable revenue growth and a one firm approach.
- Growing Relationships: Support the Lead Relationship Partner to drive the understanding of their clients amongst their account teams and wider firm as required. Understand, manage and grow relationships between PwC and the client in order to deliver opportunities and profitable growth. This includes the use of client feedback and meetings, as well as other tools.
- Account Management: Operates as an account manager on one or more key accounts; supports the development and execution of account strategy and implements effective account management processes, utilising the Account Management Framework (AMF).
- Tools: Works with the capability leader and team leaders to ensure that the account management team continuously improves and experience, information and knowledge are shared with the team and across the business. Ensures that they are deploying the AMF effectively and support the continuous development of the framework itself.
Skills & Experience
You will possess excellent communication skills and gravitas with senior stakeholders, (both clients and senior staff) as well as demonstrating a thorough understanding of the strategic business drivers for global, complex clients.
- An expert understanding of best practice account management with the ability to implement both strategic and tactical initiatives.
- The jobholder must be creative, upbeat and innovative and be able to effectively communicate key business messages to a diverse audience.
- A proven track record in business development and client relationship management in a highly competitive, Business to Business environment.
- Strong stakeholder management and experience leading, motivating, developing and coaching diverse account teams.
- A proactive and energetic individual who is able to work effectively as part of team, which may at times be geographically dispersed.
- A collaborative individual who is able to contribute and participate as a member of the SAM capability.
- Strong commercial acumen both in terms of managing pipeline and challenging/coaching teams through the sales process
- Experience of people management and developing individuals/ teams.
- A strong knowledge of Pursuit or another relationship/ sales methodology and proven experience of driving opportunities through to revenue.
Internal firm services
In order to deliver a first-class service to our clients, we need first-class support internally. Internal firm services is a network of specialist support professionals and includes marketing, recruitment, human capital, finance, technology, learning and development, procurement, to name but a few. Each team plays a vital role in making sure we have all the right resources, services and technology across our business.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity