Field Service Engineer / Maintenance Engineer - Plant / JCB
Job Title: Field Service Engineer
Salary: £10-£15 per hour depending on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The company is the leading JCB distributor throughout the South West and Wales. Due to continuing success of the business, an opportunity has arisen for a skilled and highly motivated Field based Service Engineer to join their well-established service department at their Bristol depot.
Reporting directly to the Service controller, the successful candidate is able to carry out Diagnostics, Servicing and general Repairs to a full range of JCB Construction machinery, in a safe and efficient way, ensuring the highest standard of workmanship at all times. This is a field based, customer facing role, which requires the building of strong relationships within the Service sector of the business, whilst providing the very best possible levels of customer service at all times. Full support and product training will be provided where necessary.
- Service and maintain JCB and other plant equipment to the manufactures specifications and to ensure machine reliability and safety
- Have a keen eye for detail, reporting machine defects and upselling the services provided by the company wherever possible. This also comes with financial benefit for the candidate for all opportunities create
- Successfully diagnose and rectify electrical, hydraulic, powertrain and various other faults prior to initiating and completing a repair
- Operate JCB's 'Service Master' diagnostic software via a laptop computer (training will be given)
- Complete a detailed report of work completed along with supporting photographs and all allocated times via HOLT JCB's in house Service Manager personal tablet system
- Complete risk assessments in line with company health and safety policy and ensure safe working practices are in place at all times
- Experience - knowledge and experience of a variety of machinery ideally in the construction or agricultural industry
- Relationship Builder - Ability to interact with customers and develop/build a relationship that ultimately delivers a positively satisfying experience
- Communication - Ability to deliver appropriate communication both internally and externally to allow planning and continued work to be effectively completed
- Time Management - Ability to set timescales to own tasks to enable completion of duties and to ensure all tasks are carried out with a level of urgency and within a timely manner, whilst not compromising safety
- Presentation - Present a professional image at all times
- Must carry a full driving licence as well have the ability to operate machinery on site for testing purposes (training can be given to the right candidate)
- Excellent rates of pay dependent upon experience
- Overtime available at 1.5 x and 2 x standard hourly rate (subject to work load)
- Pension scheme contribution
- Fully maintained and equipped company Van, lap-top with diagnostic and product support software, mobile Tablet and Mobile Phone
- All PPE and company uniform provided
- 20 days paid holiday plus bank holidays. We are an equal opportunities employer
NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO LIVE AND WORK IN THE UK - THE COMPANY WILL NOT BE PROVIDING SPONSORSHIP OR RELOCATION PACKAGES.
The company is an equal opportunities employer.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Field Service Engineer, Service Engineer, Field Service Technician, Service Technician, Engineering Technician, Field Maintenance Engineer, Field Maintenance Technician, JCB Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Technician, Electrical Engineer, Electrical Technician, Repair Engineer, Repair Technician, Commercial Engineer, Plant Equipment Engineer, Plant Machinery Engineer, Commercial Plant Engineer, Fault Repair Engineer, Electrical Engineering, ACS Gas, Electro-Mechanical Engineer will also be considered for this role.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77693521