Financial Crime Analyst
Bupa's purpose is helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. Our status, as a company limited by guarantee with no shareholders, enables us to make our customers our focus, reinvesting our profits to provide more and better healthcare for current and future customers.
We employ over 86,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, Hong Kong, Chile, Brazil, Saudi Arabia, India, New Zealand and the US.
Around 70% of our revenue is from health insurance, with the rest from health and care provision. We fund healthcare around the world and run clinics, dental centres, hospitals, care homes and retirement villages in a number of countries.
- Identify and escalate potential financial crime regulatory and risk issues and work with colleagues across the business to provide practical, pragmatic solutions
- Monitor and provide oversight on screening activities within the UK Insurance business concerning financial crime risks
- Perform and resolve daily sanctions checks for all counter-parties and ensure appropriate escalation of unresolved alerts according to our sanctions screening manuals and protocols
- Manage inbound referrals regarding sanctioned countries and liaise with compliance to resolution and perform ad-hoc sanctions screening as requested
- Maintain excellent knowledge of regulatory requirements and expectations, and keep your stakeholders informed of future changes within the regulatory environment
- Experience in an investigative role, ideally within Financial Crime (or willing to learn), with knowledge of the general insurance sector
- First rate communication skills, both written and oral, and comfortable dealing with staff and stakeholders at all levels within a wide range of functions across a complex organisation
- Happy to work under pressure and focussed on achieving results and successful outcomes through consultation and conciliation
- Strong P.C. skills (ideally Word, Excel, and PowerPoint & Project).
Bupa offer a generous starting salary and benefits package which includes bonus, Bupa cover, excellent pension with associated life assurance/critical illness cover, 25 days holiday, free onsite gym and a raft of other benefits. Being a healthcare business though there is an immense focus on work-life balance and the offices are friendly, but intense and usually mostly deserted shortly after the end of a standard working day.
Bupa is committed to an environment which will attract, retain and motivate its people. Bupa aims to ensure that every applicant to, or employee of is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. For further information on Bupa, our equal opportunities and your career with us, please visit ourwebsite
For further information on Bupa, our equal opportunities and your career with us, please visit our website
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77672029