Senior Service Manager
Senior Service Manager
As a Barclays Senior Service Manager, you will be providing support to Barclays UK (BUK) Service Management Function. This is an exciting opportunity to join a newly created team within Barclays UK, supporting the BUK Chief Operating Office (COO) and the BUK Head of Service Management to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with the business and service providers. You will be responsible for ensuring that performance is tracked against agreed measures, making interventions and escalations to ensure minimum standards are met and opportunities for improvement are evaluated.
We currently have opportunities available in the Internal Service Management, External Supplier Management and Governance & Controls teams.
The Barclays UK Service Management Function is responsible for supporting the BUK COO and BUK Business and Functional Heads in overseeing the services procured from internal service providers within Barclays Group (Service Company (ServCo) and Barclays Shared Service (BSS)) as well as external 3rd party supplier directly contracted by BUK. The team will define and operate the process for ongoing contracting of services; service performance management, risk and control and service cost management as well as be responsible for the ongoing efficiency and effectiveness of the service management processes.
As a Senior Service Manager, your main responsibilities will involve:
* Developing a vision for the new function and engaging with service owners to proactively identify opportunities for improvement in customer experience
* Identifying opportunities to increase the control environment, identifying opportunities for cost base reductions and driving implementation of such improvements with the service providers
* Establishing and maintaining an effective working relationship with BUK business and service providers, while constructively challenging performance and processes
* Ensuring that the operations and technology (O&T) services received from internal service providers are aligned to and support the BUK strategic objectives
* Engaging with first line control function and the second and third line assurance functions within BUK, to ensure that service and control oversight and management processes and structures are operating effectively
As a Senior Service Manager, your skills and qualifications will include:
* A leadership background gained in a service management operation and ideally experience of working in/with financial services
* A proven track record of service management (internal and external suppliers), within a blue chip organisation
* Proven ability to effectively communicate and engage with senior stakeholders (internal and external)
* Excellent negotiation skills in order to tackle escalated issues with stakeholders of relevant internal and external service providers
* An understanding of the legal and compliance requirements for interactions between legal entities within and outside the Barclays Group
* A self-starter approach, with an innovative ability to deliver quality results with a challenging but positive and influential style
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our people. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits including a competitive salary, flexible hours and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
At Barclays, we recruit based on merit and are committed to promoting diversity throughout our organisation.
We will consider applications from job share applicants
We encourage applicants to apply as early as possible in the recruitment period. Barclays recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert during the recruitment process.