Development Engineer - Buxton
White Label has an exciting new opportunity to join one of our leading manufacturing clients in Buxton. Due to customer demand the company is now expanding their development team. The company seeks a Development Engineer who will be involved in all areas and phases of projects including Specification Development, Ideas Generation, Concept Selection, Feasibility, Design, Design Confirmation, Pre-Production and Production.
The core areas of responsibility of the Development Engineer are as follows:
- Design and Development of New Products.
- Approval of designs for subsequent manufacture.
- Optimisation of product design to aid manufacture. (A key area of focus here is the understanding of variation within high volume manufacture)
- Cost Reduction.
- Project Management – as required, depending on the scope and scale of the project.
- Applications work and the specification of new and existing products.
- Product Support for new and existing products, including completion of 8D’s as required.
- Support for the other development team members in all technical aspects of the project.
- Technical liaison with external Suppliers and Customers.
- Technical liaison with internal departments.
- Progress reporting – both internally and externally – at all levels.
Skills and Experience required:
- Engineering Degree (2:1 or better).
- Some Engineering experience in a manufacturing environment is desirable, ideally within a high volume manufacturing environment
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings.
- Ideally exposure to 3D CAD
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Self motivated – able to work under own initiative
- Strong team player
- Determined approach – a will to succeed.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly established multinational organisation and be part of a successfully expanding development team, the company is offering wide scope of experience and opportunity to develop within a technical role.
The company work to 38 hours, offer 22 days holidays plus bank holidays, a contributory pension scheme (stakeholder), health care scheme.
To be considered for this position please apply immediately, or contact Ruth Llewellyn on 0161 7144480.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77647903