Project Manager - Analytics, Insights & Digital
Hitachi Consulting is currently investing in its Technology Solutions Practice, which is growing rapidly in the UK and Europe.
As part of this, we are seeking to recruit an experienced Project Manager at Manager or Senior Manager level to join our EMEA Digital practice, based in the UK. The Project Manager will need to be accredited (e.g. PRINCE2, PMP) with previous experience of having worked for an IT Consultancy and ideally managing projects in the Financial Services sector or others sectors such as Utilities, Manufacturing, Retail, Media, e-commerce, Transportation or Government.
The Project Manager will be managing exciting and varied projects around the following areas:
- BI/DW/Analytics, IoT, Digital Transformation or Application Development projects
- Risk, compliance and regulatory frameworks
- Data management and data governance programmes
You will be running projects that utilise a number of latest technologies, concepts or vendor solutions including:
- Big Data/Data Science, IoT, Microsoft SQL/BI, SAP HANA, Informatica and Oracle
- C#/ASP.NET, SharePoint, MS CRM Dynamics, Azure or AWS etc.
The candidate will also have excellent interpersonal and management skills, be a clear, logical thinker with the natural ability to communicate and develop relationships with others at all levels and have a proven ability to manage, deliver and meet commercial targets.
Other skills that we are looking for include:
- Shrewd budget management combined with strong client management with a track record of maximising revenue and generating new opportunities
- Ideally have successful history of managing project budgets within £1m- £3m per year
- Exposure to Agile methodologies such as Scrum, particularly experience of having delivered in a commercial environment
- Planning and monitoring the work of large teams
- Effective use and management of resource including work appraisals and coaching
- An analytical approach
- Detailed project planning and tracking
- The ability to allocate and control the utilisation of resources in an efficient manner
- Organising and monitoring of the day to day performance of all work undertaken by team members
- Keeping clients fully aware of project progress and issues
- Delivering projects to planned timescales and to the defined quality, including managing project risk and change
A solid foundation in developing innovative solutions to business problems is required.
The role requires great people leadership and client engagement skills. The PM will need to have experience of working under pressure and to tight deadlines. It requires strong communication and presentation skills to clearly articulate our solutions to clients and effectively demonstrate how Hitachi Consulting will deliver value.
Whilst Hitachi Consulting is respectful of our employees’ work / life balance candidates should be fully prepared to travel throughout the UK and internationally if required.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK without company WP/VISA sponsorship.
Inclusion and Diversity
Hitachi Consulting is committed to building an inclusive work environment that leverages the diverse talent and perspectives of our global workforce. We value the unique background, experience and capability of each employee and embrace differences including gender, race, religion, disability, nationality, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity and personal style.
Please feel free to contact Eldon Davis for more information.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77604274