Engineering Group Leader Enniskillen
Engineering Group Leader - Enniskillen - KERRY FOODS
Kerry Foods is part of Kerry Group - one of the largest and most technologically advanced providers of Taste & Nutrition solutions in the world. The Group supplies over 15,000 products to many of the world's biggest names in the food, beverage and pharmaceutical markets and had revenues of over €6 billion in 2015. It has 100 manufacturing sites across the world serving over 140 markets. Of our 23,000 people over 800 are scientists, demonstrating how innovation and technology lie at the heart of our organisation, and always will do.
The role of Engineering Group Leader is based in Kerry Foods, Enniskillen and is part of the meats and snacking business. You will be part of team of 14 and will have a qualification in a related 3rd level related discipline and have 2-3 years post apprenticeship experience within a high speed manufacturing environment. You will contribute to the Optimisation of the value stream conversion process using the KAMS (Kerry Asset Management System) and KPS (Kerry Production System)
- Drive high Performing Teams (Build Sustainability Through People), lead the value stream team to ensure they are engaged and high performing with a focus on problem solving and team work. Build trust through effective leadership and the skilled application of people management processes and open 2 way communications.
- Create and maintain an Asset Management programme for the Value Stream to meet the requirements.
- Identify, prioritise, plan and schedule value stream maintenance activities (including training). Apply business risk assessments to prioritise work. Create & implement project & shutdown plans for the value stream. Provide production planner with 1 - 13 week maintenance plan.
- Continuously improve standards set by facilitating and executing 8 Step Practical Problem Solving or other appropriate KPS methodologies within the value stream and perform GAP analysis on manufacturing data to understand where to focus/prioritise problem solving efforts.
- Establish capability of all value stream processes and develop statistical process controls to monitor and ensure processes are stable and deliver products that meet customer specifications.
- Relevant Third Level Engineering qualification (Mechanical)or recognised standards based time served apprenticeship.
- Relevant experience within a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Proven problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in standardisation of processes in Mechanical, Electrical and Automation design
Equal Opportunity Statement: We welcome applications from all sections of the community
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77663159