Assistant Locality Manager
Do you have experience of working with people with a wide range of needs? Do you have the commitment and potential to take a step on the management ladder? Join us as an Assistant Locality Manager for a brand new service opening in Worthing in January 2018.
Outreach 3 Way is part of Dimensions, one of the largest support providers for people with learning disabilities and people with autism in the country. We are in the process of developing a specialised bespoke support service for three gentlemen with autism and complex behavioural needs.
The service is configured as a two person supported living service and a one person supported living service. Staff will need to have a calm approach and enjoy building the individuals’ independence at home, as well as pursuing a range of interests including music, gardening, quizzes and football. One gentleman is a “techwhizz” who will require guidance to safely enjoy social media.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in the development, implementation and management of a new service.
An additional allowance of £13.50 per night will be paid for on-call cover.
About the role
• Full time position – three days off rota; two days on rota delivering direct support
• Working with the Locality Manager to guide, motivate and encourage your team to provide a quality service in line with our values, policies and practices and CQC regulatory requirements
• Building trusted relationships with families and friends
• Working with outside agencies (health professionals, social workers and advocates) to meet the individuals’ needs
• Leading by example and being a positive role model for your team
• Managing the service rota
• Supervising, developing and appraising support staff
• Establishing and monitoring budgets
• Managing the staff team to ensure consistent implementation of agreed strategies and boundaries
• Have a Diploma Level 3 or above in Health & Social Care and be willing to complete management development training
• Up-to-date knowledge of the personalisation agenda and Active Support provision
• Experience of working in services with people with a wide range of needs, including challenging behaviour and autism
• A good communicator with an assured, calm and clear communication style
• Confident in working with people who display challenging behaviours
• Able to retain information, prioritise workload, manage own time, delegate tasks and meet deadlines
• Committed to the development and delivery of a new support service
• Provide all specialist training giving you the tools to perform the role to the best of your ability in what will be a challenging but rewarding role
• Offer ongoing development opportunities
In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer a range of great benefits including:
- Up to 35 days’ annual leave entitlement(including bank holidays)
- Staff discount shopping scheme ‘Rewarding Dimensions’
- Childcare Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Qualification scheme
- Employee recognition scheme 'Inspiring People'
- Discounted health and dental cover
- Life Assurance
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
The Dimensions approach to support
Our unique “Activate” approach puts decision making closer to the people we support. It sets personalised and challenging goals with them, their families and you - by teaching new skills and enabling people to try new experiences.
Research has proven that this progressive model is the best way to deliver measurable improvements in the quality of life for people - and you and your colleagues in their support teams. It achieves an increase in active support and meaningful activity for people, a reduction in challenging behaviour - and an increase in your own satisfaction, with over 60% of our employees reporting that the `Activate’ model has increased the quality of their working life.
Simply put, our ‘Activate’ approach offers everyone a better working life, with the satisfaction that they’ve changed someone’s life for the better, in a role where they can be the best that they can be.
If you think this is the right environment and working culture for you, come and make a positive difference to people’s lives - and your own career.
If this sounds like the career opportunity and working culture for you, we’d love to hear from you. Please read the attached documents, which provide additional information about the role - and click on the button below to complete the application process.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Dee Caulcutt on 07903 549593.
- Dimensions are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions. The organisation simply wants everyone to be fairly considered, based on merit, before all checks and risk assessments are made, so don’t be put off, apply and complete the relevant sections and discuss your personal situation confidentially at interview with the hiring manager. The information disclosed will be treated in confidence.
- Candidates will be required to provide evidence of their identity and eligibility to work in the UK
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees