Technical Support Analyst - 2nd Line
As part of the desk-side 2nd line Support role, you will be providing highly customer focused face-to-face support as part of a wider team of 2nd line support analysts.
Working within the team of analysts supporting London based users, you will provide and manage technical support to the computers, mobile devices and other general IT equipment, applications and services. In addition you will ensure you are equipped to deal with our most popular consumer devices, operating systems and services. They include and are not limited to OSX, Win 7 and 10, Android, Blackberry and Apple iOS. Further support also include MACIs (Moves, Adds, Changes, and Installations).
This is a very fast paced and dynamic role that requires someone that can think on their feet, is very proactive and has exceptional attention detail. The person must also be very structured and process driven to ensure consistent and quality service delivery.
- Maximise face-to-face contact with the user in any interaction, whilst being mindful of the fact that we are working with typically time-starved users.
- Provide a high degree of initiative and a willingness to accept ownership of issues and requests, keeping the client's interests at the forefront of all activity.
- When issues arise, priority is to get users back up and running as quickly as possible, leaving underlying investigations to 3rd line.
- Ensure that any issues are dealt with promptly and remediated appropriately.
- Regularly monitor the ITSM Service Now to ensure that calls are resolved in a timely manner and to OLA.
- Work closely with the other Technical Support Analysts and Functional Support Analysts to ensure a quality user experience.
- Own, resolve and escalate calls, working with other resolution teams when necessary. Where calls need to be escalated to another team, ensure that ownership has been transferred.
- Ensure that you continue to adapt to the ever changing face of technology, with users having services on many different hardware and software platforms.
- Keep a well balanced stock of key hardware items to provide a smooth and efficient service to our customers.
- Use the knowledge base to resolve calls, highlighting where gaps exist or knowledge is incomplete or inaccurate.
- Support the offshoring/outsourcing of remote work by providing knowledge transfer as required.
Hardware Provisioning and Asset Tracking
- Responsible for the provisioning and then tracking, monitoring and reporting of hardware asset status, administering asset tracking tools and ensuring their accuracy.
- You may be requested to carry out additional work as could reasonably be required from you.
Skills and Qualifications
- Educated to A level or equivalent certifications preferred
- ITIL Foundation or above desirable
- MOS Certification desirable
- MCSE desirable
- Strong background in Technology Support
- Extensive experience of consumerisation and BYOD related technologies, processes and procedures that allow users to access business applications on personal devices.
- Extensive technical working knowledge and experience of Smartphone and tablet operating systems and hardware, particularly Apple iOS, Android and Blackberry.
- Extensive technical working knowledge of MS Office and SharePoint
- Extensive technical working knowledge of the range of document production, management and forensics tools used in the legal sector is preferred but not essential.
- Extensive working knowledge of MS Windows OS, and hardware and software configuration
- Extensive experience of hardware provisioning and asset tracking, monitoring and reporting
- Highly professional individual who can thrive in a challenging and demanding working environment - the role holder will be a critical factor in helping users engage better with existing and new technology in an environment where the users are typically under high pressure.
- Although not necessary, experience of working in the legal sector or a similar professional services type organisation will be an advantage
- Strong relationships skills. Confidence in communicating at all levels in both Practice Areas and Business Services.
- Highly developed written communication skills and capable of producing detailed and user friendly communications to a varied audience.
Analytical Thought & Problem Solving
- Makes decisions that solve the immediate problem and prevent it from occurring again
- Prepares for potential problems and contingencies in case things go wrong
- Takes prompt action to resolve problems quickly
- Uses all relevant sources of information, including the team and other colleagues, to generate solutions
Communicating and Influencing
- Uses a range of different influencing techniques
- Takes account of different needs and concerns in order to effectively persuade others
- Communicates effectively with the team through structured meetings and reviews
Commitment and Self-Motivation
- Monitors and reviews the quality of service that is provided in order to ensure that it meets/exceeds client expectations.
- Resolves any problems with clients confidentially and professionally
- Remains positive even if progress is slow and solutions are diluted
- Demonstrates a drive towards continual personal growth and development
- Is a valued member of IT outside their immediate team
- Demonstrates credibility with stakeholders
- Demonstrates an understanding of what different departments do and how they work together.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the firm's priorities - the factors which impact business performance - and the consequences of this for implementation.
- Recognises unspoken constraints within the firm - what is and is not possible in certain situations
- Demonstrates a good understanding of clients' operational and environmental pressures, priorities and objectives.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77624735