Technical Support (Networking) Engineer / Network Support
Job Title: Technical Support (Networking) Engineer
Job type: Permanent
The company develops and manufactures technical devices and solutions for harsh environments including oil and gas, pharmaceutical, and chemical.
Working together they innovate and push boundaries. Their technology is cutting edge and they work to remain at the forefront of their industry.
Due to continued growth, they now require an experienced Technical Support Engineer to join their rapidly expanding team.
As part of the Technical Support Team you will be responsible for providing support both externally, to their customer base, and internally to R&D, Sales, and Manufacturing. They work as a close-knit team which provides you with a great environment in which to develop; you know that there are people around you on your side.
To be successful in this role it goes without saying that you will need to be 'tech savvy', and energized by new, and emerging trends; ultimately you will live, and breathe the world of technology.
The problems that you will be tasked with will be diverse. You will have the ability to think on your feet, and remain calm under pressure. You will have the tenacity, and dedication to problem solve, and continually evolve to solve a constantly changing array of problems.
You will be communicating with people from all over the world, and be focused on delivering the best customer experience possible. You will enjoy the social interaction both internally and externally that this role provides.
- Log tickets, provide helpdesk support to partners and end customers on AeroScout Real Time Location Systems (RTLS), wireless network deployments (alongside a variety of providers including Cisco and Aruba), and Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) systems (with partners like Omni ID and CAEN RFID)
- Assist R&D in the development and testing of new products
- Create and maintain system documentation and standard operating practices
- Maintain and setup internal support systems, and provide demonstrations to customers
Essential Skills and Experience:
- BSc (Hons) degree with a network communications focus such as Computer Networks and Security, Computer Science (Network Communications), or Information and Communications Technology - other computing focused degrees would also be acceptable
- Excellent understanding of network devices and protocols, particularly wireless
- A minimum of 12 months experience in a similar environment
The Company Offers:
The company offers a culture of trust and understanding where employees get to share their ideas, challenge themselves and enhance their personal capability.
They offer a competitive salary, profit share scheme, market related benefits and an extremely flexible working environment.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: IT Technician, IT Support Engineer, IT Service Engineer, IT Service Desk Technician, IT Services Manager, 1st/2nd Line Helpdesk Engineer, IT Support Technician, 1st/2nd Line Support Engineer, Support Technician, IT Support Engineer, 1st Line Support Technician, Technical Support, IT Support, IT Systems Engineer, IT Systems Support, Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8 will also be considered for this role.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77672975