IT Customer Support Engineer Apprentice
We are a leading provider of technology for learning to Schools, Colleges and Universities across the UK. Headquartered just outside Oxford, we deliver everything educational establishments need to deliver technology-enabled learning. We don't just sell our own products, we provide and help manage all the leading technology brands and have close relationships with all the major hardware, software and freeware providers. In addition, through our Education Resources companies TTS and Spacekraft, we deliver high quality resources for Early Years, Primary and SEN settings. And if that wasn't enough, we also work with assessment bodies throughout the UK and internationally providing exam marking solutions.
RM Education is the leading provider of IT software & services to the Education sector. In the RM Managed Services team, we want to be the ICT support partner for our schools, not just a supplier.
We want to get to know them, their teachers and students. We would like to spend time understanding their aims and vision for ICT. Only then can we have a good grasp of how we can best support them and their school. In schools, they want ICT to just work for staff and pupils to be confident that they can easily log on and have swift, safe and reliable access to their files and engaging media rich resources, both inside and out of school.
As a team and individually, we all want to deliver the very best for our customers, we believe in doing a really good job and we are proud that what we do has a real impact on education.
You will have the opportunity to learn new skills across multiple platforms and different IT skill areas.
- 1st /2nd line IT support including MS Server 2008/2012, Windows 7/8/10 Operating Systems and MS Office 2010 through to 2016.
- Strong multitasking & problem solving abilities.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, via phone
- Strong planning, organising and prioritising abilities
- Customer focused
- Flexible to cope with change, be proactive and adapt quickly to a developing type of service delivery
- Experience and working knowledge of Connect networks and desktop PCs.
- Knowledge of Schoolshare and Windowbox would be an advantage.
- Experience in a telephone based support environment
- Problem solving ability
- Communication skills
- Customer focused with excellent customer handling and inter personal skills
- Disciplined and self motivates and able to work alone as well as part of a team
3 x GCSE (or equivalent) at grades A-C in any subject plus GCSE English and Maths (or equivalents) at grade D or above
- Private Health
- Childcare Vouchers
- Critical Illness
- Other Flexible Benefits
As an apprentice, you'll have the challenges of our business plus the support of your colleagues. You will have a real job from day one of starting with RM, whilst continuing your learning with a training provider at a local training centre. Working in a team where you'll get a great insight into how the business works, you'll earn a salary whilst gaining practical work experience within your chosen discipline.
"QA's Apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce."
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959553803