Finance Analyst - Engineering
My client a global engineering business based in Cheltenham is looking to recruit for a challenging role supporting a multi-site and international engineering team on proactive program cost analysis, budget control and productivity.
You will be a hands on Finance Analyst who has a keen interest in business partnering and stakeholder management. Essential Responsibilities:
- Support Project leaders and drive cost control and adherence to the budget in engineering projects and expenses
- Develop recommendation and execute on cost out opportunities
- Perform analysis to identify cost reduction, cost avoidance, and productivity in engineering cost and hourly rate
- Identify opportunities and drive optimal use of external funding sources for engineering cost
- Strong operational connectivity working with the engineering department managers & Engineering leadership on a day to day basis to understand cost drivers and cost control
- Maintain and control master project data
- Maintain engineering billings database and drive regular engineering milestone entitlement & reporting
- Provide departmental spend reporting and analysis for departmental managers
- Assist in regular forecasting, budgeting and strategic planning activities
- Provision of routine and ad hoc analysis of project costs and engineering results
- Tracking of engineering budget change approval process
- Support enhancement of tools and data accuracy for project cost reporting
Qualifications / Requirements
- Degree qualified or relevant work experience
- Fully qualified professional accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA/QBE) with post qualification experience in a large company or equivalent expertise through relevant work experience
- Strong/Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Proven record working within a manufacturing and/or engineering environment
- Understanding of key Accounting standards (IFRS and US GAAP depending upon role)
- Positive 'can-do' approach
- Ability to anticipate, identify and resolve financial issues.
- Ability to recognise the need for, and drive, process improvements and efficiencies
- Be able to show you can develop strong cross functional relationships & networks in order to complete your work
- Experienced in managing or influencing teams/individuals
- Self-starter who can demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team and on their own initiative. You must be able to show you can pick up new challenges and run with them with little supervision
My client offers fantastic progression, personal development and a strong benefits package within what is a fantastic part of the UK.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77660178