Antler is a proud, pioneering British company with over 100 years of expertise in the luggage industry.
We’ve remained a market leading brand by listening to our customers and meeting their needs with Quality, innovative, well designed products. A passion for our product is at the heart of everything we do.
Antler is backed by private equity and has ambitious plans for growth. We’re currently undergoing a major re-brand to strengthen our position in a highly competitive category. There are exciting times ahead.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Store Manager in our store in Windsor. The role is a key position within the Antler retail team, reporting to the Area Manager.
The role of a Manager is pivotal in the store and is a key driver to the success of the store. The purpose of the role is to drive the sales and manage staff within the store to ensure KPI’s are achieved and brand guidelines followed.
•Managing the business
• Develop store business plan in line with both the retail/area and business strategy, which are regularly reviewed
• Understands key requirements of the role and store policies, procedures and processes.
• Manages the store’s performance and runs the day-to-day operations effectively. Provides quality feedback on trends that may affect store performance
• Communicates to the team clear objectives based around key targets, as agreed with the Area Manager
• Understands how sales and costs impact on store profitability and how they are managed
• Help control the overall stock package to meet the needs of the market through effective communication with your Area Manager
• Knows the local market place and competition and uses this information to improve performance as part of the store team
• Works with team to identify business opportunities in terms of stock package, store layout etc
• Works with team to ensure the store reflects the Antler merchandising guidelines
• Ensures the windows deliver the required level of visual impact
• Talks confidently to the Area Manager about store and business performance
• Helps Creates an environment where the team sees service as an enjoyable fun part of the role
• Works with the Area Manager, sharing best practice to improve own and others’ results
• Developing strong working relationships with centre/host conducting regular meetings
• Quickly distinguishes between the important and the urgent
• Motivate the team to be passionate about the brand through clear brand communication
• To actively promote and lead by example, customer service programme
• Sets the standards for service within the store and then measure performance against them
• Help people understand and adapt to change and support them through the changes
• Adapt own style of management to meet the needs to different situations
• Contributes to the implementation of all people management processes effectively (i.e. recruitment, appraisal, assessment, development etc)
• Recognises good performance in both individuals and the team to ensure that everyone feels valued for the contribution they make to store performance.
• Identifies and develops the potential of the team
• Effectively communicates with the team at all times
• Delivers consistent messages to the team about performance expectations
• Effectively delegates where appropriate and follows up
• Takes responsibility for the coaching and induction of new recruits
• Builds, develops and maintains productive relationships across the Store and Area
• Promotes the brand at every opportunity
• Talks confidently to the team and Area Manager about store business performance
• Handles constructive criticism without taking it personally.
• Takes responsibility for own development, linking personal objectives to business objectives - Recognises the potential to learn.
• Encourage others to give constructive feedback and challenge
• Communicates regularly to ensure everyone is aware of their objectives
• Ensures approach is consistent with the Area Manager
• Keeps the Area Manager up to date with any issues or initiatives
• Deals with last minute changes to plans/schedules without losing sight of the end goal
• Works without the need for constant direction but is prepared to ask for help when potential issues arise
• Retains focus and perspective, and helps the team do the same
Measurements of Success
• Store P&L accounts – driving profit and margin
• Sales to Budget/forecast and last year – measure against area performance
• Stock loss to target
• Mystery shop results carried out by centres
• Active PDP
• Delivery of store business plan
Due to the high volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/77666328